Home | About | Donate

As Trump Scrambles to Find Climate Victories Ahead of 2020, Critics Urge Him to Reverse 'Every Single Action' He's Taken Against Environment

As Trump Scrambles to Find Climate Victories Ahead of 2020, Critics Urge Him to Reverse 'Every Single Action' He's Taken Against Environment

Julia Conley, staff writer

After it was reported this week that President Donald Trump's 2020 campaign has ordered the EPA to find climate "victories" that he can brag about on the 2020 campaign trail, a green group on Friday said the administration can stop looking "because there simply are none."

1 Like

There a couple of main reasons greenhouse gas emissions appeared to have dropped in the USA.

1>The hollowing out of industry as manufacturing now off shored. US Corporations have been setting up shop in India, Mexico China and elsewhere where there even less oversight of emissions. Less overall manufacturing in the USA means less emissions.

2>The EPA has picked a number of large power sites across the USA to take these measurements. They do not take measurements at all sources. As example it well known that fracking releases more emissions at the source as compared to traditional means of obtaining natural gas and it also known that burning Natural gas in power plants releases less emissions then burning coal. The EPA is only measuring at the Power plant.

1 Like

Dear America—how many lies does it take to make a Trump into a NON source for anything?

1 Like

Since when has the truth been anything but an annoying concept to the current “Leader of the Free World”? He would take credit for the sun rising in the morning if he could.
The personage is a very bad joke. As Molly used to say, “Taint funny Magee.”

1 Like

I heard that Trump is going to put out a tell all book, attempting to set the record straight.
This would have to be listed as a fiction.
Who in their right mind would entertain reading a book of lies?
He obviously would be reiterating all of his bullshit that has been steadily flowing from his burger hole.

2 Likes

A similar thing happened in Europe re: Kyoto agreement targets, based relative to 1990 emissions levels. That was before the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, which resulted in manufacuring collapse in Eastern Bloc countries, dropping GHG emissions up to 40% from 1990 levels. https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/dec/09/eugene-robinson/robinson-claims-fall-ussr-meant-big-drop-greenhous/

1 Like

Quoting the Sierra Club is a poor choice. They are a bunch of phoneys. They continue to offer international trips. When I wrote complaining about that, the response was multi-part. They claimed that local trips off set international trips, that international were only 15% of total, and that people could buy offsets for their trips. My reponse to them was that nature grants no off sets. That they were just green washing, and rationalizing what they nwant to do and that they needed to make real cuts in their carbon foot print rather than playing games and being hollier than though by calling for fossil fuels to be kept in the grouns while being high ender jusers. I concluded by saying that Kevin Anderson has called for high end users to make the most cuts and their international trips were certainly high end use. I also pointed out that James Lovelock in his 2006 book, Revenge if Gaia, said that at most an individual should make use of one commercial flight in a lifetime. The example of the most objectionable trip I gave was the one to Israel for Jews (Includes attending Shabbat at the Western Wall). Their final response was to block my access to their trips page on the web.

Hi Gandolf: LOL, with" the bull shit flowing from his burger hole,"-------now we can find the source of his “Shit hole nation,” commen. And geez, he is turning America into one of the BIGGEST shit hole nations as I write. LOL with his penchant for word changes like “oranges ,” etc. I am wondering when he’ll change Federal into Fecal. : )As we get into FECAL goverment matters—I am sure that the public will put up a big stink! : )

1 Like

I suppose Trump could come up with a climate addressing policy at the final hour, and maybe get away with it. They have done an about face on other issues, and made it work for them. The most notable for me was the “We aren’t for eliminating the per-existing condition part,” while a law suit to end Obamacare is in the works at the same time. Big BS.

1 Like

“Who in their right mind would entertain reading a book of lies?
He obviously would be reiterating all of his bullshit that has been steadily flowing from his burger hole.”

Unfortunately, there seems to be a good many who would read his shit. Remember that his book “The art of the deal” reached number 1 on The New York Times Best Seller list and stayed there for 13 weeks, and altogether held a position on the list for 48 weeks.
And, since his base does not seem to be diminishing, who knows?

It won’t be all that bad I’m quite certain that the lies will be mitigated with self deceptions and preconceived prejudices. A smattering with aggrandizing half truths will round out the tome. I wonder who he will tap to write this addition to his personal library?