Home | About | Donate

As Trump's Election Lies Continue, So Does His "Extremely Misleading" Fundraising Grift

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/12/trumps-election-lies-continue-so-does-his-extremely-misleading-fundraising-grift

2 Likes

Like his taxes, this points to a broken system that allows him to do this. Complaining about a conman conning is like yelling at a dog for barking. Trump is just better at the grift than your average politician. Professional envy, maybe?

5 Likes

Once a gd grifter and conman, always a grifter and conman.
45 is a broken lump of gross narcissitic bollocks.

3 Likes

I think it’s delightful to contemplate the possibility that Trump’s greed may cost the Rethugs the Senate.

3 Likes

Look the same dweebs that send money by the millions to Televangelists so as to “save their souls” are the ones backing Trump.

Conmen like Trump exist because there so many willing to be fleeced. All you have to do is tell them they are part of something greater when they hand over their money.

Yet when these “good Christians” are queried as to why they unwilling to fork over some of that same money to feed the hungry or clothe and house the poor, they insist people should not rely on charity and should have to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

10 Likes

Who was the genius who created the Trump turtle on the back? Turtles deserve better than to represent the Orange Monster, and the idea of a turtle on his or her back is appalling.

1 Like

“the Left will try to STEAL this election,” The left was not involved in the election. That is what needs to be pointed out to Trump supporters so we can revive a working class left movement.

7 Likes

Trump needs funds for his legal defense fund for after he leaves office.
States attorney’s aren’t going to be as cowardly as the dems have been with trump.

3 Likes

Interesting how wonderful republicans always leave their predecessors a shit storm.
Bush a recession for Clinton, Bush 2 an economic disaster for Obama, and now Trump leaves an economically problematic country with mounting unemployment, a runaway pandemic, and a slew of problems in the human resource arena.

5 Likes

Conmen are usually sophisticated enough not to leave a trail of millions of dead citizens when they take the money and run. Of course, there’s exceptions, like another weirdo who hailed from mainland Europe. What’s his name …he claimed to have written a business book, which was also bogus, naturally. It was titled The Art Of My Plan, something like that.
It’s all ancient history and made up of those ol’ inconvenient truths; so last century, right?

3 Likes

Too damn interesting if you look too closely, too.

I hear the train a comin.

2 Likes

Money will be important for whatever he’s planning –
but 50% of it (I’ve read) can be used to pay off campaign finance debt.
Maybe even private loans?

Let’s just give him $400 million to leave peacefully –

He’s already cost us $8 billion in Air Force One costs where he’s made
700 and more trips to his properties in Florida and his golf course –
at $20 per trip.

PLUS another $8 TRILLION he’s added to the National Debt –

2 Likes

Nobody has ever accused Trump of being sophisticated or intelligent. He has led The Gang That Couldn’t Shoot Straight, but he can roast the truth on an ad hoc basis better than anybody I’ve ever seen. Since his supporters are basically brain dead, it has all worked out swimmingly for him.

4 Likes

Progressive talk show host Thom Hartmann has long described Trumphumpers as suckers, rubes, losers ripe for a con.
Trump is the ultimate con.
Thom is subscribed to Trump’s money-grubbing emails, and reads them on the air.
The emails are full of “fine print” that seeks to defraud the rubes and get them to authorize recurring takes from their credit cards.
Trumphumpers are dumber than a bag of rocks.

5 Likes

Thank you so much. Turtles are noble, interesting creatures being driven to extinction by our species. When I see people liken Trump or McConnell to a turtle, or call people “pigs,” I feel bad for the pigs and turtles, as they’ve never done anything remotely as evil as what “humans” like Trump and McConnell have done.

2 Likes

“They forgot the Golden Goose” – more like the Lame Duck.

Murdoch, ever the capitalist, initiated a damage limitation strategy at Fox Views.

1 Like

He needs cash to flee the country to avoid arrest by NY State after Jan. 20, or when he suddenly resigns before then, has President Pence pardon him, and scoots to Russia or Brazil or somewhere he can’t be extradited from on state charges because one of his strongman buddies gives him political asylum. That is what I believe he is planning, then selling his 757 for cash to live on in exile, because NY State and the IRS are probably going to seize everything else. I’m sure he learned a lot about felony flight from his mob cronies over the years. Whitey Bulger was probably one of his heroes.

3 Likes

The resignation scam seems like the only way for Trump to avoid prosecution of non-federal crimes.

Trump’s corporate backers (his REAL base) will likely give him funds to start a Trump broadcasting network startup wherever he lands as part of their strategy to keep the expansion of fascism in the US and abroad moving forward.

Does Paraguay still prohibit extraditions like they did when the Enron crooks fled there and Dubya regime operatives bought ranches there, just in case the Democrats didn’t want to “just look forward” like Obama did ?

3 Likes

An activist friend of mine had me read this book: Don’t Think of an Elephant!: Know Your Values and Frame the Debate to help me understand why so many people ignored reality in politics, Very enlightening. ~https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160358594X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like