Home | About | Donate

As US Hospitalizations Hit New Record, Fauci Warns Pandemic Not Expected to Ease for Holidays

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/27/us-hospitalizations-hit-new-record-fauci-warns-pandemic-not-expected-ease-holidays

3 Likes

“We should prevent getting Covid-19 especially at this time when we’re about to get a vaccine rolling out.”

Amen. But that would expect people to be rational.

6 Likes

With people flocking to the airports during the middle of a pandemic, despite advice to the contrary by the country’s leading infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci, one has to wonder if the allegedly greatest country in the world should be thought of as being, instead, the stupidest country on the planet.

8 Likes

I was talking with my doctor on Tuesday. He is really tired of this pandemic and has had to transition patients to the hospital, some who have passed. He explained that the long hours of wearing a mask do take their toll as the body does not exhale carbon dioxide as effectively as it should. He’s no kook. He’s a great doctor, full of compassion, people skills, and curiosity. To all of our health care professionals and their staffs, I salute you. Stay safe. To all the knuckleheads out there, stay home.

7 Likes

Speaking as someone who has been lucky enough to travel to a fair amount of countries, I can tell tell you that most people around the world already think Americans are idiots. They also think us to be very dangerous.
They are not wrong.

8 Likes

The IHME’s projection of 336,000 deaths by New Years Day probably doesn’t take Thanksgiving, Black Friday and other shopping gluts into account. Nor does it take into account that restaurants can’t have outdoor tables in December. Indoors is where the covid hangs in the atmosphere for hours or for days.

I’m still unable to lower my forecast of 400,000 deaths by New Years Day because of all the holiday uncertainty. Unlike the IHME’s straight infectuousness projections I have to take seasonal and social factors into account.

3 Likes

Now in our eighties, My lady and I are running out of safe space.
Due to spreaders and deniers in our family,Thanksgiving dinner
came from our across the road neighbor that has a small BBQ
restaurant in a small southern town. His family prepared 1000
free meals to keep people out of restaurants, including his own.
As he said::‘I’m sorry we can not sit down together’. Blessing
are sometimes across the road.

7 Likes

eh,
much more that “not expected to ease”. Fauci is telling us that there will be a surge WITHIN the surge.
In other words - an Exponential cluster-phuck

4 Likes

This is good opportunity to turn down those invitations that are mostly obligatory, sorry can’t do it - pandemic. And, make a new tradition of sharing the benefits of “living” in a different way.

3 Likes

Holiday [death] wishes

1 Like

Hey, com’mon. Give the greatest nation in the history of the world a break. The Germans/Italians couldn’t beat us; the Russians/Chinese haven’t beaten us; not even the British could beat us; the North-South? Depends on where you lived! How can some little 'ol virus beat us?

The problem is that, mostly due to Trump’s negligence, the virus is doing a very good job of beating us and that will not change unless there is a national lockdown and/or people finally wise up by keeping six feet away from each other, especially in enclosed spaces, and wearing facial coverings. Unless these things happen [and they are not hard to do] then the virus will continue to have the upper hand.

2 Likes

Hopefully you saw the sarcasm in my comment?

1 Like

Some are and inviting 85 people to join them. A 90 year old friend of mine did that the other day. Some wore masks, I’m told but most did not considering COVID a “hoax.” Everyone in my apartment building has violated the health guidelines while pretending to be devout about them. No one sheltering-in-place. And my next door neighbour has had, well, I’ve lost count, how many people in her apartment since this pandemic began? My relatives are planning a super-spreader holiday for around 25 December. I won’t be going. They asked “should we come and pick you up?” Denialists. Others say, “We took the chance.” Risking one’s health and possibly one’s life over some holiday tradition and partying is worth it? It is to people who don’t care about their health or the health of others.

3 Likes

Yes, couldn’t agree more. Absolute insanity. Insane behavior. What is wrong with people? And my relatives are among the people you’re talking about. I cannot relate to them at all. I urged them to “be careful” and wear masks at their super-spreader Thanksgiving party and was told “COVID? I’m not going there.” Complete denial and or “we’re taking the chance.” Sigh. Insanity.

As for “THE/A vaccine?” My Governor Gavin Newsom has said that a vaccine won’t be available to the masses in CA until sometime next Summer at the earlier and only after a credible medical center or hospital has given their approval to it, such as UCSF Medical Center which will be one of the first Medical Centers in CA to get the/a vaccine. Which means that UCSF will have to do their own testing of it to make sure it’s credible, safe and effective. Good luck with that! Only an idiot would take a vaccine that has been rushed out and corners cut to make some politician look good.

2 Likes

The spreadneck problem will solve itself eventually, i just wish they were not intent on taking as many good people with them as possible.
All we can really do is stay inside, use a mask with sufficient rating, disinfect anything edible brought in, wash frequently and be prepared for an endless barrage of “promising treatments” for the foreseeable future.
If there is a cure comming, it won’t come from America’s pharmacutical industry.

1 Like

House Progressives Can FORCE a Medicare For All Vote Now – Here’s How!

~https://youtu.be/iIqw-mTX6ro

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

• Frederick Douglass

It’s time