Home | About | Donate

As Votes Loom, Opponents Make Final Push to Defeat Deeply Unpopular #GOPTaxScam

As Votes Loom, Opponents Make Final Push to Defeat Deeply Unpopular #GOPTaxScam

Julia Conley, staff writer

Despite Republicans' efforts to portray bill as beneficial to average Americans, more than two-thirds in recent poll say the tax plan is best for the wealthy

Hey, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.), if you’re against “entitlements,” maybe you could wean the likes of Boeing and Raytheon and Textron and Lockheed Martin off the public teat.

And for the record, Social Security isn’t an “entitlement,” it’s (a) an insurance plan that adds not a dime to the deficit, and (b) needs only the removal of the cap on earnings subject to FICA withholding to remain solvent into the foreseeable future.

Congressional Job Approval PPP (D) Approve 10, Disapprove 78 Disapprove +68
Congressional Job Approval Gallup Approve 17, Disapprove 78 Disapprove +61

These polls are starting to demonstrate VERY LOW PUBLIC SUPPORT FOR CONGRESS.

https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Short, to the point, and accurate - You sound as frustratingly pissed as I am, and as are many others.  As I’ve mentioned on other threads, I used to be an optimist - no longer - I’ve come to the conclusion that only a late 1700’s style violent American Revolution will be able to save the Democracy from the ongoing, (which is now accelerating,) sliding into a horrific authoritarian corporate oligarchical fascist state…  What I fear more is that the revolution will not happen, and the fast-sliding into the inevitable insane dystopian hell for us 99%'ers will quickly, and purposefully, succeed.

I’m frustratingly pissed too. And, like you, I don’t see any other way out of this but armed revolution.

The Congress of the U.S. fancies itself as a new French monarchy. Its suggestion to the American public: “Let them eat cake.”

they have been that way for a long time and really - they don’t care as long as the get re-elected.