Home | About | Donate

As Wells Fargo CEO Tim Sloan Reaches for Golden Parachute, Warren Says 'If He Broke the Law, He Should Go to Jail Like Anyone Else'

As Wells Fargo CEO Tim Sloan Reaches for Golden Parachute, Warren Says 'If He Broke the Law, He Should Go to Jail Like Anyone Else'

Julia Conley, staff writer

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy Sloan is resigning following several scandals at the bank, he announced Thursday—but Sen. Elizabeth Warren called for the executive to be investigated instead of walking away with a "golden parachute" retirement package.

2 Likes

The problem is, through the revolving door that props up regulatory capture, Wall St writes most of the laws that apply to them. That’s why Wells Fargo would continue to pursue the same fraudulent practices that they were just slapped on the wrist for – the fines are paltry compared to the ill-gotten profits.

5 Likes

"…Warren Says ‘If He Broke the Law, He Should Go to Jail Like Anyone Else’

Hahahahahaha … does she know the oligarch’s “justice” system we have to endure? Of course he won’t go to jail - the elites never do.

2 Likes

And of course if they did get jail time it would be Cohen country club time. Absurd so called punishment.

1 Like

Go get them all, Sen. Warren. I know the SEC is very busy " watchdogging " insider trading to make sure there’s no reporting of " collusion " that ever reaches the front pages of The Wall Street Journal. And, I also know that the DOJ, under the supposed legal scholar William Barr, can’t write a high-school length term paper about the true meaning of "obstruction of justice " without months of research and contemplation.
But, keep the good fight up, Sen. Warren and you too, Sen.Brown, by all means.
The rich white criminal class running the corrupt American Corporotracy need to be jailed for their numerous felonious crimes. And, if they aren’t now, they will eventually need to be jailed for their own safety, later.
If, as they say, hope dies last; between its death and now, the 99s will try to make sure these scumbags go with it. Every last one of them, hopefully.

2 Likes

Senator Warren says all of these things that nobody else will and yet she is continually bashed as not good enough. Well, I think she is good enough and actually better than most. The problem is she is an intellectual type of person and that doesn’t play well with the crowd that wants sound bites without any substance. She has stood up to the men in congress and they didn’t like it. Of course she is not perfect but I like her guts and outspokenness. It is so rare to hear any politician say the things she does.

1 Like

We all agree he should go to jail Liz. Just Do It!

1 Like

Just take his money (all of it) as a “claw back” and distribute what they can to all the folks the b… defrauded.
Leave him with a job at McDonalds, behind the counter, and NO pension or SS.

1 Like

Agreed about our senator.