Home | About | Donate

As WHO Forum Ends, Updated Figures From China Reveal New Virus Has Infected Over 60,000 Worldwide

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/02/13/who-forum-ends-updated-figures-china-reveal-new-virus-has-infected-over-60000

I was in the Local Orange Big Box store this morning and noticed there was not a “dust” mask n the shelves or in the overheads. Paint or Drywall departments. ALL type were gone. With shipments from China slow/nonexistent They are not likely to have anything on the shelves for some time.

1 Like

In the US alone the CDC says that "at least 12,000 people have died from influenza between Oct. 1, 2019 through Feb. 1, 2020, and the number of deaths may be as high as 30,000. " This from just the common flu in 4 months. So, 60,000 deaths world-wide from the Corona virus doesn’t seem so lethal. Yet, you can’t fly anywhere near China now.

Wonder how many of the US deaths you mentioned were checked for corona. Pneumonia is common in the very weak, immobile, and bedridden type person. These new Chinese victims are not that type.
Regarding lethal, I just trust that what they’re saying is the right thing to do. China is really really hurting from this, schools, economy, manufacturing all hurting. I am afraid to go to the hospital for my normal skin treatment, waiting for this to blow over.

They’re saying that most of the cheap masks are for one day only, that the others have filters that have to be changed daily. I’m sorry, but they aren’t enough to go around here that way. Every city I know in China now, you must have a mask to go out, and the message is, please don’t go out.

1 Like

Moonofalabama dot org tries to provide a sane explanation for this mess today. But the comments really cracked me up because they are are over the place. Read the Circe comment.