Home | About | Donate

As World Mourns Hate-Fueled Attack in Christchurch, Trump Accused of Inciting His 'Tough' Right-Wing Supporters to Violence in US

As World Mourns Hate-Fueled Attack in Christchurch, Trump Accused of Inciting His 'Tough' Right-Wing Supporters to Violence in US

Julia Conley, staff writer

Startled critics on Friday denounced President Donald Trump's blatant encouragement of attacks on his opponents by "tough people"—specifically soldiers, police, and biker gang members—who support him.

5 Likes

The Fourth Reich has arrived in Amerika!

Equating the Hell’s Angels with the military and the police?

8 Likes

It’s kind of funny and very scary to see Mr. Bonespur wearing a military hat. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him come out with a bikers helmet during the next news conference, the kind you see some bikers wear that looks like a WWII Nazi helmet. Of course, he’s never driven a Harley but he might sit behind Bubba for a ride around the block.

4 Likes

Distraction is the name of his game:

6 Likes

I always liked Dostoyevsky.

6 Likes

“I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough”. Tough talk from a chicken hawk, “ensign bone spurs” who too special to fight in his own era’s war which I must assume he approved of.
This is mafia language, except that the Dons are much too smart to be so flagrant. They would just say "Joey take care of this guy. "

6 Likes

Fascism has arrived, folks. And all your kumbayas and peacenik love-ins won’t change a thing. His supporters are the most delusional, violent, racist, sexist hypocrites on the planet Earth and they are on a mission to, as they have deluded themselves into believing, clean up America as patriotic Christians, of which they are neither.
So I recommend y’all invest in firearms. Learn how to use them and organize. We are, I’m afraid , going to learn why the Lincoln Brigade fought alongside the Spanish Republicans in Spain. We might lose, but I really don’t think we have much choice at this point. The president of the United States has publicly threatened Democrats and progressive leftists with violence.
People don’t go to wars generally because they want to die for a cause, but mostly because they haven’t any choice.

7 Likes

“People don’t go to wars generally because they want to die for a cause, but mostly because they haven’t any choice.”
The millions currently serving the corporate US military would suggest otherwise.

0 Likes

Yup. the “all volunteer” military, whose rank-and-file are largely far-right wing thugs, was a brilliant move.

1 Like

Guns are the answer to Nothing. Nothing! Never has been, never will be! Yes…your observations aren’t necessarily outside the scope of manifest outcomes… Organize yes, read and study the non-violence of Gandhi: check! Get down in the Bewildered Herd’s Mud, well…good luck with that, because luck is all there is at that juncture.

7 Likes

In his book ‘The language of the Third Reich’ Victor Klemperer describes how Nazism permeated the flesh and blood of the people through single words, idioms, and sentence structure which were imposed on them in a million repetitions.
Incitement is the action of provoking unlawful behavior or urging someone to behave unlawfully. Incitement to riot is illegal under US federal law.

1 Like

O so very nice to read a voice of reason and intellect.

0 Likes

Excellent, just excellent!

1 Like

My favorite book by him, The Brothers Karamazov.

3 Likes

Indeed. Ending the draft killed the anti war movement and boosted military recruitment in one fell swoop.
Satan himself could not have done better.

0 Likes

Totally excellent analysis of where we are. I REALLY like this guy. Reality is painful, but the alternative is worse. Thanks SO much for posting this vid.

1 Like

Violence is the refuge of people who don’t know how to organize, or who are too lazy to learn.

0 Likes

The thing is that biker gangs of today tend to be yuppies and not anything like the Hell Angels of the old days. They tend to be older white males playing as tough.

3 Likes

The world defeated the Nazis once before, it would appear that decent people are going to have to do it again in what could be another war all over the world. Best just get to it and get it on.

1 Like

Could we wait a few more years. I don’t want to be here when an intercontinental warhead detonates in my city. It might mess up my hair.

1 Like