Home | About | Donate

As World Warms, Heart-Breaking Video Shows What It Looks Like When a Polar Bear Starves

As World Warms, Heart-Breaking Video Shows What It Looks Like When a Polar Bear Starves

Julia Conley, staff writer

"For all of you still trying to hold a ridiculous 'debate' about whether there's something wrong with our planet, please watch this, if you can."

Most Dire Climate Change Predictions, Warns New Study, Are Also the Most Accurate

“Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.”
–Cree Indian proverb

Ask the bear if it’s true.

My heart hurts, tears flow. This video should be played everywhere Murkowski sits for coffee, dinner, or to comb her hair…she is a whore giving her vote for a bill that contains DRILLING IN ANWR…take the money and run, you heartless shell of a human. You are following in your criminal father’s footsteps…he should be proud.

Killing all life on our planet every minute of every hour of every single day… Blessed be all those creatures being sent into oblivion as a result of the human insatiable bloodlust for money at the expense of ALL LIFE.

Round up all the Congress critters along with Trump and his cabinet and ship them all as food for the polar bears.

The 6607 lobbyists that wrote the GOP tax scam bill should be rounded up, airlifted to this area where these polar bears are starving, and pushed out of the planes or helicopters.

This broke my heart. Hell must be a very, very crowded place. Not crowded enough, in my opinion.

Yes! Pushed out of the planes W/O a goddamned parachute and include IQ45’s sons and that worthless dentist that killed Cecil! We are worse than pond scum if we allow this to continue!

Pwr 2 the POLAR BEARS!
GUILLOTINE ALL WHO STAND AGAINST THEM!

I share your sentiments. What makes this so heartbreaking is that these creature are our relatives too and they had no say in the devastation of their habitat. I can’t stop crying…It is a ponderous chain we in the Western industrialized “Civilization” are making…

If there is anything I hate–yes, hate–is such wanton cruelty and capitalism which feeds on it.

It has been rumored that we humans are “sapiens” but this is highly doubtful–outside of the indigenes the world over who are the exception and who, as our other relatives in the other kingdoms, had no say in their demise either.

If we as a species were “sapiens” we would have chosen to make Life on Earth a paradise instead of the hell we are experiencing.

What will it take to stop the devastation of our planet by the greedy, heartless and insouciant? Maybe when some world wide climate catastrophic nightmare where 100’s of millions of people look like the canary in the mine, this polar bear!

The “do not interfere with the wildlife” laws need to be amended. Humans are the cause of wildlife’s demise. Therefore humans should be actively trying to save them were possible.

If we can drop 2000 lb bombs on people, we can airdrop 400 lbs of the meat and food we throw away to feed polar bears and other creatures our species is killing off.

Rest assured that is what happening to these animals will happen to this species. Only difference is that we caused this devastation whereas they are simply showing what we can expect. All living species are at risk thanks to humankind’s selfishness and endless greed.

I think insouciant is way too kind of a word for the greedy selfish ones. There is nothing lighthearted or carefree in their unconcern.

A lot of our medicine comes from the bear, indigenous learned from the bear, others learned from them. We are an evolutionary link with the bear. This is what we are learning now.

“The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump”: Psychiatrist Dr. Bandy Lee on Growing Mental Health Concerns

I have a big, beautiful Old English Sheepdog that has the most amazing white paws – when I was watching that vid I could see the physical similarities between Chaco and that poor bear; like you and Seatower said, I couldn’t stop crying.

*I have a family of 5 raccoons that starting coming to our yard a couple of years ago for the peanuts I put out for the squirrels so I started buying super-cheap cat food and hotdogs to give them every night … we started with just 1 (Rasputin) but it has grown to 5 – that shows me they’re having a helluva time finding food, and I know, by feeding them I am encouraging them NOT to forage, but as long as I have the money to provide something for them I will do it!

We do not want to poison them with tainted meat. Cast lash them to a garbage scow and cast them all adrift in the waters around the southern tip of South America.

Good point! When it comes to the fossil fuel companies, punic, heartless, obstreperous and greedy probably are a better choice. Insouciant, when it comes to the selfish fossil fuel companies who could care less about ruining our planet is not acerbic enough.

why not sow a hodge podge of carrots potatoes beans and short corn etc in one corner of the yard? Dang, I do worm composting - wish I could give ten lbs or so of castings.

I find ‘stupid-as-a-sack-of-clanking-hammers’; reminiscent of a two-foot rasp on their sorry ass… well, no, not even that quite captures…