Home | About | Donate

As Youth-Led Campaign Kicks Off, Poll Shows Majority of Canadians Want a Green New Deal, Too

As Youth-Led Campaign Kicks Off, Poll Shows Majority of Canadians Want a Green New Deal, Too

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

A new poll shows that the majority of Canadians want a Green New Deal to address the global climate crisis and economic injustice, as a youth-led campaign kicks off in the North American country to demand just that.

2 Likes

Except in 'I heart oil" Alberta, where a bellicose carbon levy killing, coal digging right wing conservative is planning to go to war with environmental groups, kill our carbon tax, sue the Federal government…and do every mean spirited thing in his power to take us back to the glory days of flat taxes, oil and gas bonanzas and pipe dreams of pipe lines.

And yes. I’m sure a majority of albertans would love a Green New Deal as well…but in the mean time, they handed a politician who now admits climate change is real, but wants to do nothing much about it…a majority government.

There’s likely something in the air here.

1 Like

I wish I could believe the post, but though people might say they support a “green new deal” - usually not well defined, - in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec they actually vote for more right-wing governments (maybe soon on the Federal level too) because basically most don’t want to be inconvenienced by any actual strategy to fight climate change or pay more for anything (as in the yellow vests in France) to fight climate change

1 Like