Home | About | Donate

As Zuckerberg Defends False Trump Ads as Free Expression, Critics Say Facebook's Assault on 'Foundations of Democracy' Must Be Stopped

I’m on the same page, Emphyrio. Aging has its benefits to seeing through horse shit, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

You are one of those people who think that the “free market” will solve all it’s own problems. In other words, to hell with privacy, to hell with regulations of any kind. Now I’m not saying you are an idiot, but most people I’ve run into who have this Ayn Randian outlook are as dumb as a bag of hammers.

5 Likes

Common Dreams:

Drop this attempt to censor free speech, it will end with CD being censored and suppressed.

The NY Times, Washington Post, the WSJ, New Yorker, Atlantic, LA Times, Politico, the Hill, etc publish outright lies daily in what is supposed to be reporting, so not simply in opinion columns.

These ostensibly responsible outlets publishing lies does far more damage than Trump (or Hillary) lying in FB adverts.

6 Likes

Mark Fuckerberg is a liar and a hypocrite. The only thing he really cares about is that the coming political campaign will, if allowed to be run as usual, bring in lots and lots of money to Facebook and other “media platforms”. I have never been a member of Facebook and I never will. I want nothing to do with this techno-creep and his pathetic caricature of a “community”. If only half of what was presented about him in the movie “The Social Network” was true I will also label him a thief as well. My bottom line about billionaires? Never, ever trust them to do right by the public when it gets in the way of the “bottom line”. Look at billionaire Jeff Bezos of “Amazon”. I just heard the other day that Amazon is now arranging to have their worker bees who are going home deliver some packages to customers along the way!! Plus he recently dropped health insurance for his workers at Whole Foods. Bezos is a filthy rich asshole. BTW, the latest figure is that Bezos makes nearly $5 million an hour!

7 Likes

or zuckertrumched

2 Likes

otherwise known as an intravenous feed for an addiction of the walking dead

1 Like

I already deactivated. These need to shut this guy down before it’s too late.

Well, it ain’t “free” speech, is it?

MotherZucker makes a pretty penny off it, and his “principles” flow from same.

2 Likes

…time to organize a mass exodus from Facebook, the only way we can get rid of this cancer…but they don’t make it easy…maybe someone who does know how to get off FB could leave instructions here…

1 Like

Hilarious that the NYTimes would jump into the fray and blame Facebook for the decline of journalism. Might be a bit of self reflection is in order at the gray lady. The editorial board has turned the Times into a reich-wing, war mongering rag but are looking to blame someone outside the paper. No conflict of interest there.

7 Likes

How many politicians need to start posting a wide variety of lies about Zuckerberg on Facebook?

1 Like

Oh for chrissake! Just kill facebook. It serves no real purpose and is creating more problems than it can possibly be worth.

5 Likes

None of these outlets should be publishing outright lies- although many of them are on the way out.

As Facebook should be.

I am sick of these rich pos thinking they can do whatever the hell they want too. Their are laws zuck.

1 Like

Thank you for stating the obvious which corporate media loves to muddle.

If America is using Facebook for political direction then America is more fuxed than it realizes.

Mark- Toss in the towel while you still have a towel. Don’t fight the common good.

1 Like

Take the towel too. Fuck 'em

Censorship is always a problem.

No censorship, no problem.

2 Likes

Well, that makes you against freedom of speech.

See, note how many times what say Common Dreams publishes is called a lie by the lies of Trump or/and Hillary Clinton.

1 Like