Home | About | Donate

Asked About Trumpcare by Reporter... Then Charged by Police with Assault

Asked About Trumpcare by Reporter... Then Charged by Police with Assault

Jon Queally, staff writer

With voters in Montana going to the polls Thursday in a special election for the state's empty seat in the U.S. Congress, Republican candidate Greg Gianforte was charged with assault overnight for a violent encounter in which he allegedly grabbed a journalist "by the neck with both hands and then slammed him into the ground" after being asked about his support for Trumpcare.

Amygdala overload, most likely.

The monster we all knew was there reared its ugly head and made its true nature known to all. Don't ever doubt for a second that there are more conservatives like Gianforte who hold a monster within! In fact its probably safe to say that the majority of conservatives are monsters just like Gianforte.

The perfect trump/bagger neonazi storm trooper....................Montana should/will - hopefully - demand better! Quist!

"Gianforte is a believer in Young Earth creationism, the belief that the Earth is less than 10,000 years old. He donated $1.5 million to the Glendive Dinosaur and Fossil Museum in Glendive, Montana, a creationist museum which teaches visitors that evolution is false, the Earth is about 6,000-6,400 years old, that dinosaurs were on the Ark"

I'm truly excited about this race, not so much for Montana, but what it means to the broader dynamic in the democratic party. If a Berniecrat wins in a deep red state, watch the progressive wing of the party beat the corporate democrats to a pulp with this news. The Clinton wing will have no place to hide and only an ever shrinking bucket of well worn excuses to fall back on. Definitely going to follow the results on twitter.

To call these present day people "Republicans" is misleading. There used to be some reasonable, upstanding people who ran as Republicans. Evert Dirkson, and many others whose names don't come to mind right now. The GOP has been taken over along time ago by a movement of rightwing extremists. People who have swallowed the Ayn Rand poison. There is an International Movement that pretty much controls this country and Russia, to name two, that is hell bent on having just a few rich oligarchs control all of the wealth, all of the power. It is an insane movement without feeling or concern for others. The rejection of altruism as preached by the psychopathic witch from Russia Ayn Rand. Greenspan, you know, was one of her intimate disciples as well as many other people in power here in the US past and present.

The world is being faced by an insidious power that wants nothing less than to control our lives, what we think (See Betsy Devoos) and what we do and say. The GOP has stopped being a political party a long time ago and as become something else. They are a gang, a movement that doesn't recognize national borders, constitutional laws, rights or freedoms of others. It only pursues wealth and power. If you vote Republican you are voting against your own best interests. There are also many in the Democratic Party leadership who are moving toward this movement of corporate control of everything. For the corporation, by the corporation, and of the corporation. People and their needs don't count.

Crossing my fingers for Quist, but you never know how this assault will play with red state voters.

All that Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS) founder, former Army and CIA officer Ray McGovern did, in 2011, was to stand and turn his back to Hillary, during an address she was giving, when he was wrestled to the ground by Security, brutally cuffed, and lead away, all in full view of Clinton, who, during it all, did not pause from her speech.

What was her address about?

Scolding other Countries for discouraging Protest.

What did McGovern get?

Bruised, bloodied and put on an Offical Watchlist.

DEMS + REPS = GOOD COP/BAD COP = DUOPOLY

Big Club.

We ain't in it.

(or Bernie would be President today.)

I hate to be a killjoy, but I am not optimistic. Most of the balloting has already occurred by mail, and there are very few polling places to accommodate the laggards who still must vote on election day. I don't think this horrendous incident will be enough to put Quist over the top in the face of a rigged system. Here's hoping that I am wrong!

Quist's biggest mistake was running as a Democrat.

The stink of that party is a handicap, and not just in Montana.

At Quist's side for his recent rallies: Sanders (I-Vermont).

Gianforte--this is what fascism looks like.

from Wikipedia

Aging and retirement

Gianforte has outlined his position on retirement by using the Biblical example of Noah. He said, "There's nothing in the Bible that talks about retirement. And yet it's been an accepted concept in our culture today. Nowhere does it say, 'Well, he was a good and faithful servant, so he went to the beach... The example I think of is Noah. How old was Noah when he built the ark? 600. He wasn't like, cashing Social Security checks, he wasn't hanging out, he was working. So, I think we have an obligation to work. The role we have in work may change over time, but the concept of retirement is not biblical."[57][58][59][60]

I blame the reporter a little too. You don't have to stand passively by while some asshole beats on you. People, reporters, whomever need to do something besides stand there and be a victim. Hit the son of a bitches back. Go for their eyes or knee of punch him in the crotch or any other point that can cause maximum damage to get the bastard off of you. Or the neck is good. There is a little notch in your collar bone right in the middle of the neck. You can feel it on yourself. Punch one or two fingers in there with even minimum effort and watch the guy wonder if he is ever going to breathe again. Fight back god damn it!

There wasn't any Noah, no biblical flood, no arch, no Jesus Christ, no Moses no nada. It's all bullshit.

To bad this Brown Shirt showed his true colors the night before the election and not weeks ago. Where are they getting these thugs anyway? From the rejected casting files of the Sopranos? Really, the dialogue from some of the Trump stuff, and now this knuckle-dragger from the boonies sounds like it came from David Chase's waste basket.

I see that too, their aggressive nature is thinly veiled inside almost all rich old white males i have come to knonw. Whether in churches or in daily life this group aged between 35 to 60 are somehow very angry inside.

True. But does that mean he has to fly home to see a doctor?

We the People, vrs. wall street since 9/17/2011 - (the corporatists, i.e, banksters) And the fight continues through to today and the Montana corporate stragglers. Go Bernie! Go Jill!

Just asking: Will Trump pay for the lawsuit by this reporter? Oh wait! I have it backwards he will be more likely pay for the defense of this Republican thug Greg Gianforte.

A. national TV reporter interviewed a woman clerking at a convenience store in Montana. He described the incident between Gianforte and Jacobs accurately, then asked her for a response. She said, " well, maybe he had it coming and a good beating will teach the guy a lesson, ya know ".
Something along those lines, pretty much.
The look on the reporter's face was priceless, really. When he left the interview I'm sure he locked the car doors and kept checking his mirrors to see if he was being followed. He obviously doesn't know that drygulching and backshooting are legal in Montana.:wink: Along with assault and battery, chokin', throat slittin, hatchet attacks and pistol whippin'. It's the law West of the Pecos, bub.
Especially, if 'n you ain't from round these parts.
The women of Montana apparently really like a good ol' sucker punch, followed by a whiskey bottle over the head and then breaking a chair over someone's back, too.:wink: Followed by a few kicks to the head wearing cowboy boots with sharpened spurs, of course. They especially like it if the victim is wearing glasses and holding a microphone in one hand.
Yeeeehhaaahh!

So true! Cowboys are such thugs! And this is "liberal" Montana - the reporter should go to Wyoming, Idaho, or western Oregon/Washington!