Home | About | Donate

Asked Again About 2020, Sanders Denounces Media Obsession with "Never-Ending Campaigns"

Asked Again About 2020, Sanders Denounces Media Obsession with "Never-Ending Campaigns"

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

"The media never, ever gives up, and instead of focusing on real issues, they keep talking about never-ending campaigns," Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) told journalist Chris Cuomo in a Thursday night interview on CNN, when Cuomo asked whether he will run for president again in 2020.

The MSM wants to talk about " large/bigly huge " issues because they can’t talk about local, regional or state issues and guide or direct their biases and network ( corporate ) narrative. The MSM is like the Platte River; a mile wide and a foot deep, shallow and full of muddied waters.
Sen. Sanders wants to tell the story of active, involved grassroots, movement building. He wants the everyday people to run the country, community by community. The MSM knows this is a direct threat to their corporate masters. Bernie wants to sell renewable light, the Corporate Cuomo wants and needs to sell corrupting heat and commercials.
Tell the truth, Sen. Sanders, they’ll think it sounds like you’re mad as hell. They are wrong.

Saw Bernie (briefly) early this week on the CBS morning consent inoculation, and you could tell he was pissed when that question was dutifully asked. Oh you have a book, does that mean you’re running in 2020?

Great analogy.

Yes, Sanders and others and let’s not forget people in general want to concentrate on real life not on what ifs. Right now Texas and other states are conducting rescues and recovery from an epic storm, and a pundit type wants to concentrate on that???

I just know there is a Facebook page for Bernie Sanders to run for president 2020. My concern is his age. He’ll be in his late 70s. IMHO he should submit to a physical exam. I like his progressive views on Medicare for All, aka SIngle Payer, State co lleges , universities being free and generally speaking his sense of fairness, decency for the American people.

Author sez: “‘The media never, ever gives up, and instead of focusing on real issues,
they keep talking about never-ending campaigns,’ Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) told journalist Chris Cuomo …”

Haha … journalist Chris Cuomo. Good one, guys.

He got an exam before the campaign, he’s like a 55 year old, he takes “care” of himself as well as he takes care of others…and he probably won’t run as he has a few others in the wings that can take that position while we take back the Senate and Congress. He’d do better as a senior Senator at this point.

Sanders always has his eye on the ball and does what a senator should do, represent his constituents. He sets the example and there is barely a Democrat to follow.

As to the question of running in 2020. I would like him to give it a go again. If not him, then I will support any candidate that runs a small dollar donation campaign that takes no corporate money. I will no longer support a Democrat who takes corporate money. End of story.