Home | About | Donate

Asked to Condemn Right-Wing Armed Groups, Trump Tells Groups to "Stand By"

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/29/asked-condemn-right-wing-armed-groups-trump-tells-groups-stand

4 Likes

“…My guys went in to see that the elections were fair, but they were thrown out,”

Well no shit! I believe that’s called “voter intimidation” in the U.S. Crikey! This is not Russia or Turkey or some other authoritarian country.
Oh! I’m sorry. I was just remembering what voting was like in my younger days.

9 Likes

What he actually said (i wrote it down) was “stand back, stand by”. Either way it wasn’t convincing.

2 Likes

Well, there you have it. Trump had a chance to condemn bearded, camo-wearing, gun fetishist white supremacists…but refused to.
He is our Hitler. We are in a Germany 1934 moment.
And I was happy to see Biden calling the a-hole a fool and liar to his face.
America must purge Trump and his cult.

11 Likes

Trump: “But I’ll tell you what, I’ll tell you what, somebody’s got to do something about antifa and the left.”

The sound of Trump whistling for Cerberus.

9 Likes

You lied ? Goodbye ! Vote 'em out! What a sick f…k he is. Peace

7 Likes

Remember that this right wing Militia is there in defense of their Second Amendment rights. The way they read this right is they have the right to bear arms so as to ensure the left and black people do not exercise their first amendment rights.

14 Likes

“somebody’s got to do something about antifa and the left.”

I seriously don’t think Trump knows what the term Antifa means. His ignorance is astounding.

9 Likes

Three and a half generations ago, the kkk was a despised group of really dumb, violent guys.
They were infiltrated by FBI, and some were put on government payroll.
These usually became the local cell leader. We always knew what they were up too.

Imagine their surprise when they don their sheriffs deputy uniform and stand on the sidewalk in front of the county courthouse - and U.S. army shows up to protect a group of elderly black ladies in Alabama who had never been allowed to vote.

A beautiful Saturday May morning, sunshine. Soldiers on the store rooftops at east and west streets. Likely more up beside the guy, massively armed, aiming at them from about 11 feet elevation using the truck’s cabover as placement. The ladies walked east to west on the main street. There were two elderly men with them. No younger people, children or teens.

“stand by” can be handled the same way in every county by local law enforcement. Do not allow armed racist idiots to turn away any voters.

11 Likes

Don’t forget the cops and the courts who have rendered moot the 4th and 14th amendments

4 Likes

How? Trump may have SCOTUS keep him in power.

And what are we supposed to do in the face of this:
h-ttps://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2020-09-29/us-intelligence-reports-warn-of-extremist-threat-around-election

Where I live, the tension in the air is palpable. Extremists are gearing up for a fight.
And trump moved this to a whole new level tonight.

Every republican, every voter that supports trump is complicit in fomenting violence and perhaps a coup heading our way in a few weeks.

10 Likes

If history serves me right, there was almost no organized resistance when Hitler seized dictatorial powers, despite the presence of what had recently been powerful Social Democratic and Communist parties, plus the labor unions. With a good-for-nothing AFL-CIO and a neoliberal Democratic Party, what chance do we stand?? Maybe the self-styled “Resistance” will lead the way . . . (sorry about that snarky last comment).

9 Likes

And soon the 1st as well, if Assange gets extradited.

3 Likes

Yep, I’ve said it before but if people are wondering how fascism could rise in Germany, well you are seeing it in real time. Fascism isn’t instated purely by force, it is instated by manipulation.

5 Likes

“Just get rid of the votes, then the transition will be peaceful! Just don’t look at the corpses, and we’re doing a great job! Just cut out the blue states, and we’re all united under me!”

He belongs behind the wall in Israel howling delusions at the moon with the other self-anointed racists.

7 Likes

You are absolutely correct. I look at Trump’s supporters the same way I’d have looked at Confederate volunteers during the Civil War, and Hitler’s supporters–they’re enemies of me personally, and the biosphere itself.
I was raised to believe in the Jesus mantra: turn the other cheek, be non-violent, etc.
Never owned or fired a gun. Never killed animals. Always believed in peace and pacifism. Was taught that every person had the spirit of “God” in them.
Now I’ve realized that this early conditioning made me a sheep and a victim. Sexual predators, political predators, and bad people in general have to be dealt with in a way that Jesus wouldn’t recommend.
I see what happened to him, MLK, John Lennon, RFK, Gandhi, and others when they tried to be nice to those who aren’t nice.
I decided to fight back, and have come to realize that with people like Trump and his supporters, you have to fight fire with fire.

7 Likes

That rhetoric is as frightening and abhorrent as anything Trump said.

2 Likes

The fact that Trump is a racist is no shock. The fact that we have had racist presidents before is also no surprise (let’s face it, Reagan was a horrible racist. Nixon’s tapes showed us a president that used racist epithets in casual conversation. Teddy Roosevelt, Taft and Wilson were unapologetic racists, and that just covers the last 120 years)
The difference between all those men and Trump is that Trump doesn’t care who knows. Look at it this way folks, trump is so lazy that he doesn’t even bother to hide his transgressions. Like the oligarchs of the first Gilded Age, the Koch’s, Bezo’s, Walton’s, and yes Trump himself, pretty much just stand there and say “yeah, I did it, so what?”
So what indeed.

4 Likes

To you, maybe…

3 Likes

No - it is encouraging:

We are resolved to destroy Hitler and every vestige of the Nazi regime. From this nothing will turn us. Nothing. We will never parley; we will never negotiate with Hitler or any of his gang. We shall fight him by land; we shall fight him by sea; we shall fight him in the air, until, with God’s help, we have rid the earth of his shadow

Who said that Wayhey ?
@CarolEllison

5 Likes