Home | About | Donate

'Astonishing Dishonesty': Fox News Uses Photos of Eagles Players Praying to Denigrate #TakeAKnee Protests

'Astonishing Dishonesty': Fox News Uses Photos of Eagles Players Praying to Denigrate #TakeAKnee Protests

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

The players were not kneeling in protest. They were kneeling in prayer.

Fox News was widely rebuked for airing misleading photos of Philadelphia Eagles players in a story about President Donald Trump's last-minute move to cancel the Super Bowl champions' visit to the White House and instead host military musicians who will play the National Anthem.

From the article:

…“un-American” attack on First Amendment rights by a “group of aged billionaires.”

There, in a nutshell, is US history since 1947, except that it’s the whole Bill of Rights.

This is how authoritarians and their media mouthpieces Lie to manipulate public opinion.

Blow up the the Republican Party!

And while you’re at it, flamethrower the Democratic Party too.

Reality for most is what Fox and MSNBC say it is. Truth no longer applies…

Why does the prostitute in the photo not have her stamped health certification shown beside her face? I thought that was standard practice.

Fox News is, and has forever been a propaganda outlet, for conservative/reactionary news spin, practicing political/journalistic malpractice on its viewers. And, it is thoroughly intentional.
MSNBC, on the other hand, is not doing its job from your point of view. Which is not an unusual opinion and one I generally share. But, these arguments/critique are not the same thing, at all. Omission is not the same as comission in business, or life. A reputable business selling mattresses doesn’t instruct its representatives to trash the product it’s pushing. It merely requires they sell the upside and not lie in doing so.
" Caveat emptor " does not allow false representation, by law. And, there are many laws and remedies, to prove that. What Fox did with this photo is " ipso facto " a blatantly false representation.
Your false equivalency is the same as what Fox News does regularly. Their motivations are pretty obvious. Unfortunately, yours are too.

I’m sorry but your bias betrays your rational thinking. I have one word for you…RUSSIA!!!

Rest my case.

" the lamb may lay down with the lion, but it won’t get much sleep ". Bbbbbbaaaaahhh to you, too.
When you can’t argue the facts, you resort to Trump talking points. No collusion? R U sure? Proof please. FYI- I have said I don’t know, yet.
Quit trying to change the subject, please.

I cannot believe you make me defend the Orange Nightmare. You are so freaking bias. When was it the accused has to prove he is innocent? I thought in America the burden of proof was on the accuser. But you just bend them to fit your desires. Your a fucking hypocrite.

Again, it is about a phony-ass photo by Fox News; done with malice, obviously. Where is it the same for MSNBC? Show me the photo!
Stop making it about my biases. That’s not what the article is about.
It’s now about … well; you tell me, I guess.
You injected MSNBC into this article; so, run it with it big dog.

Soon we’ll all be on our knees, not in protest nor in prayer, but in servitude to the fascist regime of our game show TV celebrity president and his boot-licking GOP.

Unless he’s impeached and perp-walked out along with Pence, self-pardons be damned!

“You are so freaking bias. When was it the accused has to prove he is innocent? I thought in America the burden of proof was on the accuser. But you just bend them to fit your desires. Your a fucking hypocrite.”

I notice that many Trumpsuckers are incapable of using our language correctly.
Trump said he loves the uneducated.
You are obviously one of his dumb minions, and a total waste of oxygen.

You people fucking amaze me. Where in this thread do I write anything positive about Trump. In fact I refer to him as the orange fucking nightmare. Because I believe in the rule of law…I am EVIL??? I leave it to others to mediate… you ignorant ass.

What do you expect from a Fox Kunt

They will have to pry my weapon from my cold dead hands, before they place “me” in a position on my knees.

I’ll kneel to no one.

I’m with you.