Home | About | Donate

'Astounding and Tyrannical': Mike Pompeo Denounced for Vowing Smooth Transition... for Trump's Second Term

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/10/astounding-and-tyrannical-mike-pompeo-denounced-vowing-smooth-transition-trumps

4 Likes

So when the Right Wing and Heavily Armed try to overthrow this election with force, are any of these Drumpf admin, or Republican Senators and Congresspeople going to be held accountable?

You can’t scream fire in a crowded theater. I suspect stirring the embers of Brown Shirt agit-prop fires must be along the same lines. Except a lot more people might be hurt and/or killed.

Dammit, the stress levels were supposed to dwindle regardless of which way the election went. I’m more stressed out than ever!

25 Likes

Don’t worry, nothing will happen to you that wont happen to the rest of us.

6 Likes

The Democrats better wake up quickly. What are they doing to stop this obvious coup attempt? Why are we only hearing from Trump, fat a** Pompeo and the rest of their gangster mob? If the Democrats act in their usual feckless “what can we do behavior?”, we will have another four, eight or more er years of Trump and his family or another fascist. Watching so nothing makes them complicit.

9 Likes

Popmpeo’s declaration shows the pseudo-religious belief that if you repeat a lie often enough, people will accept it as the truth.

22 Likes

There is supposed to be separation of church and State in this country. Pompeo is the worst Secretary of State this country has ever seen, an Evangelical Christian that can’t wait for the second coming that’s never going to happen. A maniac that bases foreign policy on this belief in an administration that advocates torture and dismemberment of competitors than disagree with them. At the same time that they cloak themselves in patriotism, freedom and Christianity, they violate our constitution, your freedom to disagree and Christ’s morality that sought to rise above old testament values.

If ever there were a reason to invoke article 25 and lock up Pompeo and everyone else in a position of power that agrees with him, THE TIME IS UPON US.

29 Likes

This should help, and forget about the Pomp.

~https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeBiden/comments/jrrqus/im_leaving_the_republican_party_switching_to_the/

sigh-----will someone have to shoot trump before this nightmare is over? Oh wait, that was my deep state scenario before… he would be on the Golf course, a golf ball from hell hits the prez in the temple…oh wait–will Pence declare he’s the president then?
DID POMPERO FORGET THAT THE STATES DO THEIR OWN COUNTING? : 0

7 Likes

Warning! Understatement about worst. Actually everyone that holds a trump appointed office right now is among the worst. Pompous is just one of the many that serve greed.

And I believe they are tossing out fear like paper towels after a hurricane. Ignore their taunts of overthrow.

11 Likes

Here is one behind the curtain.

~https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheldon_Adelson

7 Likes

OK, Worst risk to life on earth is McConnell, followed by the Orange Sloth then Pompeo, but he’s still the worst Secretary of State ever, even though McConnell and Trump continue to hold more power.

Which brings us to the Georgia run-off election. This election proves that the current Governor of Georgia cheated to win the election by purging minority voters. When you find out on election day, its too late to do anything about it. Once they were able to register again, Democrats rose. There is nothing more important than winning those seats, because together McConnell will lose his position.

19 Likes

thank your lucky stars that trump was not impeached. pence and pompeo base their middle east policy on the book of revelations

4 Likes

Pompeo has the ulterior motive of wanting to supercede Trump and run for the top job himself - to be the first Christofascist Minister of America.

Being a Christian Leader

Speech

Michael R. Pompeo, Secretary of State

~https://www.state.gov/being-a-christian-leader/

11 Likes

The Democrats? WE ALL BETTER WAKE UP. Come on. Don’t be waiting around, expecting just them to do something. We need to demand a smooth transition to the Biden presidency from our elected officials and if that doesn’t work, I not sure what we will do. One thing will be sure, it will the end of America as we know it.

9 Likes

Hmm. . .the cited post seems rather scripted.

1 Like

Dono, but it seems to be rather rational.

Would a collective dump of explosive diarrhea down his throat be inappropriate?

4 Likes

“I was the CIA Director. We lied, we cheated, we stole…We had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment.”

• Mike Pompeo, April 15, 2019, Texas A&M University

So NOW we’re shocked and disgusted? GMAFB

22 Likes

Well, Obama didn’t change much from Bush and Biden has promised no change, so as Obama was Bush 3 and 4 continuing and increasing wars, fascist legislation, and transferring wealth from the people to the oligarchs, I expect Biden policy to look like Trump. Biden is even recruiting Republicans for his administration to screw Democrat voters even more.

14 Likes

Isn’t this kind of how A Handmaid’s Tale started? They just… took over?

7 Likes