Home | About | Donate

At Museum 'Die-In,' Protesters Demand Opioid-Peddling Sackler Family Help to Combat Crisis It Fueled

At Museum 'Die-In,' Protesters Demand Opioid-Peddling Sackler Family Help to Combat Crisis It Fueled

Julia Conley, staff writer

Calling attention to the huge contribution the influential Big Pharma family the Sacklers, has made to the Metropolitan Museum of Art while also setting the groundwork for the opioid addiction epidemic, dozens of protesters staged a demonstration over the weekend in the $3.5 million wing the family donated to the museum.

Shame on the Met for accepting the “gift.”

Return the Money Met.

It’s Money made through the suffering of others.

Great work folks. Powerful message. Wonder if the NYT picked this story up? Sure the pigs did everything to hassle the protestors and support their masters - the 1%

This family is just as vile as the one living in the WH., wonder if they’re friends?

No offense Ms. Conley, absolutely none intended. But, the photo is (for me) the message, as it says it all. It is a poetic, digitized painting representing death caused by pure greed, and the purely logical/emotional and brilliant response.
That pic belongs framed on the wall in that very spot of the museum.

My vet friend was given morphine for chronic back pain instead of the MJ card he requested. He finally got the MJ card. The morphine wasn’t doing the job.

My dental surgeon prescribed oxy when an over the counter would have been plenty. And he laughed when I did, because it was an elective surgery.