Home | About | Donate

At The Brink of Nuclear War, Who Will Lead?

At The Brink of Nuclear War, Who Will Lead?

Robert Dodge

Ignoring international partners, world public opinion and action, the U.S took additional steps these past weeks to renounce another international leadership role, this time in nuclear disarmament. On the same day that Austria became the 9th nation to ratify the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, President Trump pulled the U.S. out of the Iran Nuclear Deal while the U.S.

Certainly not this Duopoly.

They will only lead us to certain doom.

You write like me today PonyBoy. You are also correct. Imagine that:):):slight_smile:

Good and thoughtful article! After reading it I asked myself: Who indeed could lead us away from the brink of nuclear war? The answer–US!

In my opinion, the system in place right now will never comply with disarmament. The people and entities in power will not give up that power. They might just as well admit that they scorn the rule of law and have already, in their mind’s eliminated the Constitution of the United States. Therefore, I say they are traitors! They should be dealt with as such.

We need to form a citizens leadership body, composed of as many state leaders as agree with this policy, and arrest, remove, incarcerate in a citizens jail, ALL major Corporate heads and CEO’s, Pentagon officials, military leaders, current multi-billionaires, the entire Congressional leadership, the current President and Vice President, and probably the entire current cabinet, and have trials. If they denounce their current ideology they can be exonerated, if not…well, we’ll have to determine that later.

I believe this is the only way we can stop what is coming. There are too many hands ready to push the nuclear button. There is too much power wielded. Too much money has been spent creating too many powerful weapons for the powers that be, to NOT use them.

Have we ever been here before–this close to human annihilation; and by our own hand?

E = M * c ^2.

Energy equals mass times the speed of light squared. Or just peace. Simple peace. What a simple concept.

From Nietzsche:

“He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee.”

PonyBoy & Dan, we’re in the club, like it or not.

“Once 50 nations have ratified the Treaty, it becomes international law”

Do you know what international law without a means to enforce it is called? A suggestion.

“The American people when provided with the facts about nuclear weapons overwhelmingly oppose their use and want to see them eliminated.”

That’s an interesting qualification. So they don’t overwhelmingly oppose the use of nuclear weapons until they are provided certain facts about them? What were their views prior to being provided these facts? What are these facts that change their minds?

Yes I have gazed into that abyss…and I have never been the same person since.

If its not nukes, its chemical, radiological, biological weapons, manmade global warming, AI, Monsanto, pollution, resistant germs, hurricanes, volcanoes, earthquakes and sundry mortal shit that must hang over our heads like the sword of Damocles.

Someday soon everyone on earth will have a weapon of mass destruction and the capacity to kill us all if he or she gets angry enough.

The only solution is to be nice.

The only time I can think of is during the Cuban Missile Crisis and we had a much more sane President back then.

A shame that a small minority of us are born psychopaths/sociopaths that literally cannot feel empathy

Being nice could mean treating them medically for their psychological problems when they can’t afford treatment.