Home | About | Donate

Attenborough's Online Climate Warning Shatters Guinness Record for Instagram Following

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/29/attenboroughs-online-climate-warning-shatters-guinness-record-instagram-following

4 Likes

Great Message. There are some in the camp of Guy McPherson (Nature Bats Last) who say there is nothing to be done because the Earth Feedbacks will drive us to extinction, so enjoy the remainder of your stay here. And in the other camp, people like Dane Wigington (GeoengineerWatch org) who say that we must continue our efforts through whatever comes our way, doing what we can to save whatever is left of our planetary life support system, our beautiful ecosystem and planet… I am of the latter group and will continue my efforts… for we are doing this for our children, grandchildren and whomever is left on the other side of this great aftermath unfolding… It is the Human Industrial Civilization, the way that we live on this planet that is the problem and that must change… To perish?, or to survive, deep changes required by choice or necessity…

3 Likes

Living with fatalism isn’t really living.
And I wonder what Attenborough’s constitution consists of. 94 is an admirable age to reach.

2 Likes

The most effective thing is for the U.S., China and Russia to drastically decrease our military spending. Corvid-19 opens the door for cooperation

2 Likes

Fighting corrupt power in a society all the time isn’t living, either. This society has been corrupt, abusive, a viciously destructive force in the world like no other for the past 500 years. These are people who spent centuries burning witches and invading the globe, genociding indigenous people off the face of the planet, destroying the environment like Orcs flowing out of Mordor.

If there is one thing I am certain of, it is that this society does not know how to live on this planet and with the rest of Its Life. I’m a complete fatalist regarding how unredeemable this entire culture is.

1 Like

Our British ancestors sent their criminals off to Australia. We followed suit with Alcatraz and then Gitmo.
You’re right, we have been at each others throats for a milenia.

1 Like

This is wonderful: On utube, Floyd Red Crow Westerman narrates the 10-minute film, We Are One - A Short Film

watch?v=N-EWIp1IPmM

We think everything is beneath us, that we are little gods, and we don’t live in reality.

This is wonderful: On utube, Floyd Red Crow Westerman narrates the 10-minute film, We Are One - A Short Film

watch?v=N-EWIp1IPmM

Sir David Attenborough, a World National Treasure.
Thank you.

If only there were many more like him.

3 Likes

Ruckndl… Yes, so right… decrease military spending…yes that must be done… The US Military is one of big consumers and polluters of fossil fuels, not to mention tax dollars…yes, if that does not happen, not much else will matter… you may be interested in “The Engine of War” -Marshall Summers… Spending on weapons is ludicrous, you spend on their production and you spend on the destruction that they inflict…humanity nor the Earth can afford these things…murderous things… the insanity… of it all…

Orcs out of Mordor…great visual!

…When you pry the steering wheel of my power stroke pickup truck out of my cold dead fingers…

I love this man.