Home | About | Donate

Attorney General Jeff Sessions? A "Direct Attack" on Nation's Minorities

Attorney General Jeff Sessions? A "Direct Attack" on Nation's Minorities

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

President-elect Donald Trump has reportedly chosen Sen.

I suppose one of the first tasks of the new regime will be to formally dismiss the Constitution of the United States and its Bill of Rights, to be replaced with the Fourth Reich's illegal, unconstitutional and misnamed Patriot Act. Like Hitler's Enabling Acts, the Patriot Act and its successors and amendments remove most of the civil rights of the people.
* I think we are going to find a lot of sharp, jagged, rocks at the bottom of the rabbit hole.
;-})

2017/2018 will make the1950's and early 1960's look calm once Jeff Sessions gets on a roll! " PARANOIA RUNS DEEP. INTO YOUR LIFE IT WILL CREEP.IT STARTS WHEN YOUR ALWAYS AFRAID> STEP OUT OF LINE AND THE MAN WILL TAKE YOU AWAY. WE BETTER STOP CHILDREN WHAT'S THAT SOUND. EVERYBODY LOOK WHATS GOING DOWN."

I understand they are one state away from being able to hold their beloved constitutional convention.

And the HATE is spreading like a noxious life-choking cloud over our nation. And I thought Ashcroft was bad.

It's time to stop seeing this as a partisan issue/war and begin to understand that the tag-teamming parties of the duopoly worked together to create this post-democratic America. And by not confronting it we, the voters, participated in our own destruction!

I just want to throw out there that Sessions is also a drug warrior who once said that good people do not smoke marijuana.

While states have been legalizing pot, the DoJ can still enforce Federal law, and it wouldn't be at all hard to bust some pot shop owners and workers and charge them with crimes carrying outrageously long prison sentences to intimidate everyone else. Also, they could arrest growers and seize the property, making it a really bad business decision.

The Obama administration has been ignoring this. I'm not sure that a Trump administration will.

Oh yes, blame all the populace that has been systematically screwed over by that oligarchy

I blame you the most. Just look what your babble has wrought.

Poor Rudy. I thought he wanted the a.g. job. What's he gonna be relegated to now? Helping Melania choose the drapes and decor for the oval office?

By forcing a corrupt candidate on the American people, people who wanted change--you created this crisis. Own up to the mess you and your cohorts made.

I can't wait to hear how lame the Democrats in Congress will be...get a backbone and stop the nomination of Sessions, Flynn and Pompeo. Engage and obstruct instead of trying to make money!!!

Jeff Sessions is a genuine mouthbreather.

The U.S. attorneys, assistant attorneys and staff of the Justice Dept. have a duty to enforce the laws and the constitution, and protect the rights of all citizens. They failed to stand up against Bush/Cheney when they instituted torture, mass surveillance, and extrajudicial murder of U.S. citizens, and thus became complicit in those crimes. This time they must resist the whims of the fascist regime, defend the constitution and, if need be, precipitate a public confrontation between the forces of authoritarianism and law. Otherwise our form of government and the constitution itself becomes worthless and not deserving of saving.

Sessions, the Attorney General, is fine with Trump or any man grabbing a woman's private parts no doubt ruling they are not "private". Even better if black women are restored to their proper place in the spare bedroom.