Home | About | Donate

Augustus Trumpus

Augustus Trumpus

Jim Hightower

All hail Augustus Trumpus! All hail the American Putin, whom none can criticize! All hail the Great All Knowing One, who reveals "realities" that are not there and finds "facts" that mere mortals cannot detect.

31 May 2000, the debut of Survivor. The beginning of the end...

"The concepts, symbols and signs of the ruling class determine who will be the political ‘choices’ for leaders and officials. Political elites co-opt upwardly mobile ‘identities’, among minorities and workers, carefully assessing which of their qualities will contribute to the desired elite outcomes. This is how working class and community-based electorates are seduced into voting against their real class, national, community, gender and racial economic interests."

http://dissidentvoice.org/2016/12/chosen-leaders-proven-failures-and-political-debacles/

"Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity and happiness of the people; and not for the profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men: Therefore the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity and happiness require it". - John Adams

The Trump campaign was based on three main proposals, building a wall along the Mexican border and having Mexico pay for it, deporting all undocumented immigrants, and barring the immigration of all Muslims. Also, he came out strongly against political correctness. That's why he won, although he did lose the popular vote by a substantial margin. His main accomplishment seems to be to have divided the country to the greatest extent since the Vietnam War. It took a long time to unite after that war and the country probably never did unite completely. It may be even harder to unite after the recent election.

Faux US unification after the Viet Nam occupation (war was never declared) consisted of the center moving rapidly rightward per Raygun Revolution and Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) dogma. The few of us who are progressive to the core and continue to refuse to move rightward even today are the only reason "the country probably never did unite completely".

We continue to recognize that there is a big difference between unification and capitulation.

Hey,

I heard trump wants to get rid of public schools, and wants to institutionalize anybody with special ed even with a mild learning disability. And he wants to make growing a garden and having a pet a jailable offense.

All hail the American Putin.

What's Putin done wrong now? Yes, I know he is Russian and called Vladimir.

Trump won the Rust Belt by taking a strong stand against the TPP and other trade agreements. Meanwhile, Clinton took the Rust Belt for granted, evidence being she never set foot in Wisconsin. Her arrogance was partially responsible for us now having a President Trump.

This country has never been united. White people may have more or less united after the Vietnam war, just like the Civil War, but non-whites are not now, nor have they ever been, united with white people, and for very good reason. Trump was a merely a catalyst for existing divisions.

I think Trump has a learning disability himself. He has about a 300-word vocabulary and never reads. Watching tapes of his depositions to various lawsuits, he is asked repeatedly if he has read the documents, his answer is consistently "no." Asked about contracts he has signed, he has replied,"I haven't read it." Asked about what he's currently reading, he responds over months and months with the same book title, and it ain't War and Peace. I suspect he loves Twitter, because he can only handle 144 characters at any given moment. Clearly he never learned the difference between truth and fiction; only a feeble mind would take comments from nutters on the social network as fact and spread them around--on a near daily basis. I really believe in my heart of hearts that this man cannot read, for comprehension anyway, and just skates by because of his wealth. And, he clearly wants to bring us all down to his level.

Partially???!!!

You just insulted people with LD or LLD. You are taking things out of context probably. Also, just because someone has dyslexia or even other LD or LLD does not mean that someone is not bright. Also there is a difference between smart and educated. There are many people with learning disabilities who are smart- they may be street smart perhaps. Trump is not a NICE person, and might even have a personality disorder like being a sociopath. His father was also known to racist tendencies , was super ambitious , and ended up being a multi millionaire. Einstein was said to have several different types of LD ( well in hindsight at least because there is much more information about LD today than there was back then). Dr. Temple Grandin who is known in the field of animal science has a history of asbergers. Former Govenor Rockefeller ( of NYS) was said to have a type of LD as was Thomas Edison, Cher, Tom Cruise and many others. To also equate a person with LD or LLD with being feeble minded is insulting indeed. People like Trump and lackeys capitalize on theater, the vibe of the moment- maybe even sound bites - whatever it was - no matter how "feeble minded" he is - it worked because he is the president elect and that is what is so scary.

I was hoping that I could live my older years in relative peace but I guess not.

PS. If you would like to know a bit more about LD please visit the website of Learning Disabilties Association of America or LDAA.

I'm talking about reading and reading levels. I'm sure the readers with little knowledge of learning disabilities will appreciate the info you supplied. My mother spent 25 years as a teacher for students with learning disabilities, so I'm pretty well-versed.

Trump's plans for the Department of Education appear to be to gut it and replace public ed with charter schools. That's what I meant when I said bring us all down to his (reading) level. I did not mean to insinuate that learning disabilities are directly associated with sociopathy and narcissism or other forms of mental illness.

I should have said not only does Trump have a learning disability, he also has a feeble mind...

Currently, the site is not allowing me to edit the sentence to clarify my thinking, so no one else misconstrues my intention. Next time I will do better.

No, I knew you didn't associate LD with sociopathy, and I am sorry for jumping. Some people on this site can be insulting at times. That's wonderful that your mom worked in Ed. My did too many many moons ago, and I have also. I know he and others want to replace public with charter and private. It's union busting. Trump and his ilk do not like unions. Those types will do anything for profit. Let's all stick together.

A side issue that's worth noting: "Working class" is increasingly a temporary situation. The US doesn't have jobs for all, actual welfare aid ended 20 years ago (for real), and it's in your best interests to consider what you will do/how you will survive if you effectively get pushed out of the job market. The US shut down/shipped out a huge number of jobs since the 1980s, and we simply don't have jobs for all. Times have changed, and today's Americans have no mercy on the jobless poor.