Home | About | Donate

AUMF Dies in House Bombs Keep Falling on Iraq and Syria

Voices from the concerned grassroots, calling for a rejection of war altogether, as well as an overall reversal in course from open-ended military aggression, have been consistently left out of the debate.

snafu

This news should be on the front page of every paper in the country. I have not looked today at the New York Times, hopefully it is being carried front and center. It just hammers home mine and millions others who knew back in 03 war would just continue until Americans got out in the streets and said no. The intent was clear from the first day: keep as much warfare going at all times and make sure as much as possible remains unknown to the public.
Most Americans will finish out the week knowing nothing about this. Many don't realize we are still at war. Young adults often don't even care. This is the most important story of our time, yet Americans are strangely detached from it. What a warped society we have become.

The oil corporations must be very proud, along with those who make the weapons and otherwise benefit from violence. One has to admit, the mighty complex Eisenhower warned of has done a masterful job of killing the peace dividend after the break up of the Soviet Union and have even increased their profits, along with their budgets, while we all pay for it in one way or another. One doesn't have to be psychic to truthfully say: I see dead people. Thanks to the corporate media, republicans and democrats, the money lenders, money changers, and others of evil deeds are happy people and getting happier all the time, if having more billions leads to happiness that is.