Home | About | Donate

'Back for Another Whack': Trump Administration Rule Proposal Would Further Undermine Endangered Species Act

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/01/back-another-whack-trump-administration-rule-proposal-would-further-undermine

It seems to me that if Trump and the GOP expected to do well in November that this “Whack” and other recent “Whacks” would not be applied to us and the world until shortly after November.

can these proposals be stopped by environmental group lawsuits?

Admonishing Trump to “do the right thing for the planet” is tantamount to talking to a brick wall. For his entire life Trump does “the right thing” for Trump…period.

4 Likes

Trump doesn’t even have a dog, no empathy for animals which can be in the way of the fossil fuel and mining interests and are only good for trophy hunting. No empathy for humans either, except for those who flatter him and even they must beware if they ever stop. But thus is no surprise, Trump never pretended otherwise, people who care about animals were sold out by those who didn’t help Clinton win in November 2016

1 Like

February the Whoopers flew over my land. Soon toon be followed by the Sand Hill Cranes. Let’s keep this Planet rocking long as we want folks, as long as we can.

3 Likes

Jr. and Eric need a few more heads mounted at home.

Wish WE could mount a few heads.

1 Like

The irony that they will never understand is that we’re now number one on the endangered species list. Adios homo stupidians oligarchians. Your chasing artificial wealth will kill us all.

3 Likes

Hi RandB:
I am beginning to think that Trump has a terminal disease and as he knows he wiII die soon ---- he’s the kind of awful person who if he has to go---- wants to take the worId with him.: (
Humans have aways been stupid though, remember the dodo, and then the passenger pigeon–which one fiIIed the skies—is now extinct. Humans cannot Iive without Nature and creature life of Iand, air and sea. WE are a a part of that web of life and when one part disappears, somehow, we and the Earth wiII suffer. : (

1 Like

We have a B-I-N-G-O!

The planet’s Biodiversity is disappearing, next!

157,378 dead and this is what this criminally insane psychopath is thinking about.

2 Likes

This maniac has to go. Period.

And his cronies.

The only way that will happen is if we vote for the other guy.

Undoubtably Liar Trump has health problems of some kind or another and is aware of his mortality. However some, as did Dick Cheney, make deals with the devil and linger on far longer than could reasonably be expected.

As for the dodo and the passenger pigeon I am sad that they are gone. We are part of the web of life, and without doubt there is a responsible role for us in nature, one that we have ignorantly been shirking for too long.

1 Like

The plutocracy, that actually controls our government, knows that Trump and the Repubs will get crushed in November and will be out of power for a long, long, long time. So, they’re trying to get as much as they can on their wish-list before their golden age of raping, pillaging and plundering comes to an end.

They’re now investing heavily in Biden’s organization… can only hope there’s enough pressure put on him to repair a lot of the damage (though some things will never be fixed… you can’t be un-raped). I see Biden as a band-aid that will stop (much of) the hemorrhaging and do a few positive things… a bridge candidate, whom the older folks will vote for (Bernie was too scary for them), allowing someone to be elected in 4 years that will finally overhaul the repressive systems, toss out plutocratic rule, and usher in government by and for the people.

It will be a slower process than people hoped for, but it’s happening. So, I will hold my nose and vote for Biden. (Need a bumper sticker that says that: “Hold Your Nose and Vote for Biden… Better Things Are Coming!” [also gonna need a bigger bumper]).

Yes, they will be. You can’t enact a rule change that violates a law passed by Congress, signed by the President (Nixon), and reviewed and upheld by the Supreme Court. The Trump administration has these illegal attempts stopped by the courts over and over again, but it doesn’t stop them from trying!

Hi RandB;
YES, GAIA is real to me, and each Life, whether, pant, anima or human—each Ioss diminishes Earth—but us too.