Home | About | Donate

Bad Boss Trump, the Great Organizer

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/08/18/bad-boss-trump-great-organizer

1 Like

I’m on the road. So far I’ve seen, (panhandle) Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Needless to say I have done more listening than speaking out of sanity protection–there is no way to convert the MAGA crowd. Had a discussion with a farmer in western Nebraska who new the tariffs weren’t working (he grew only wheat and corn, so he was not personally affected) but thought that unless Trump got reelected the tariffs would have “been for nothing”. WTF? He was not dumb as a stump by any means, but in this regard–he had his blinders securely fastened. When politics becomes about belief rather than rational understanding all sorts of danger lurks. This nation must fix its educational system if it ever wants to restore its political system. The latter requires the former. Jefferson knew that. That’s why he’s on Mount Rushmore, which I had the pleasure to see yesterday. Peace to all.

2 Likes

The dumbing down of America is a product Trump gladly invests in.

It insures his base.

3 Likes

THE great fear of the Elite is that the anawim finally realize that they are not enemies to each other, but that the status quo maintained by the Elite is the enemy. The anawim-you probably know quite a few of us-we’re the disabled, the elderly, the poor, the crazies, the overemployed and severely underpaid, women, children, animals, Indigenous Peoples…the list goes on and on and on. I lived amongst them for the past year. We were all just one step above homeless people. We all had a roof over our head and kept sort of warm during winter. But the rest…food security, medical care, transportation…forget about it. Families were token. What do street people do? All it takes are a couple of people to know the score and talk to the others. We’re the trash people. Once my lease was up, I came back to my home of over 30 years. I was abducted, using the legal definition. I broke bad and I broke hard. That’s the fear, that we form a tipping point mass of people that breaks down the current system and, hopefully, births a new one based on respect for All Our Relations. Blessed be.

1 Like

Unfortunately, too many workers suffer from the Stockholm Syndrome.

1 Like

When I watched a deplorable get interviewed I sat with disbelief. Asked about trumpensteins lying she asserted that trump is truthful and doesn’t lie.
If people are that far removed from reality what are we to do?

1 Like

I fear that there is nothing anyone can do for anyone that refuses to see reality…

My great dream has been a massive Wal Mart strike. A national strike against Wal Mart would have repercussions well beyond just that company. So much of the retail chain depends on those stores and you could literally bring the retail economy in American to a grinding halt by smashing Wal Mart–the kind of halt that could change policy. Or better.

Wal Marts massive size is its strength, true. But it’s also its achilles heel. They need so much labor that it would be difficult to impossible to scab a full strike against the company.

2 Likes