Home | About | Donate

Balsonaro Unveils Mass Privatization Plan for Brazil While Slashing Taxes for Rich and Wages for Poor

Balsonaro Unveils Mass Privatization Plan for Brazil While Slashing Taxes for Rich and Wages for Poor

Julia Conley, staff writer

Ending his first week in office by quickly putting into action the far-right agenda he promoted during his campaign, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro on Thursday unveiled economic proposals that critics says will worsen inequality across Brazil, putting corporate profits above the well-being of middle- and lower-class families.

Sniff-sniff, I smell a riot cooking in the kitchen.

There is a issue that will affect all of us not brought up in the story. I saw in a story (looked for it to post, but couldn’t find it again), that he wants to kick the indigenous tribes out of the Amazon area, and turn the corporations lose to plunder the natural resources. It’s been said that the rainforest surrounding the Amazon are the lungs of the planet. If he does this, more than likely the rainforest is doomed, and most likely so is the planet.

Thank you for bringing this up. I have read stories about it too. I just looked, and here is one link I found:

I thought I had read an article on CD about this too, but now I only find this one, which mentions the threat to the global climate from destruction of the Amazon, but doesn’t go in to detail:
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/12/27/ahead

Well people of Brazil, hows that not showing up on Election Day working out for ya?
You slack jawed morons have sat for decades with your thumbs up your collective asses and permitted five incredibly wealthy families to rape your county and hoard its wealth.
Choke on Balsonaro! Choke hard
(I say this of course fully aware of the irony that we here in the USA have suffered the same fate for our electoral malaise)
Sorry kids, but the baby boomer generation has set up the collapse of earths eco-system. And there’s probably nothing you can do about it now. You’re welcome.

It is the fault of everyone born in the U.S. between 1946 and 1960.

Is Brazil just going to sit and watch while its ecological and social resources are strip mined for the corporations and the elite? Balsonaro doesnt think so. He is putting a in USA base which will no doubt enforce his rule. :- https://www.france24.com/en/20190104-jair-bolsonaro-says-open-usa-military-base-brazil-0

Let him enjoy his time in the spotlight. He will soon learn the fate of all soulless Nazis like him.