Home | About | Donate

Bashing Probe of US War Crimes, Pompeo Threatens Family of ICC Staff With Consequences

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/18/bashing-probe-us-war-crimes-pompeo-threatens-family-icc-staff-consequences

3 Likes

From the mouth of Il Duce himself.
The language of fascists.

11 Likes

The worst war-crime from this mob is the ongoing sabotage of public-health infrastructure, for which there will, eventually, be consequences for the perpetrators (if only infected on their own petard).

3 Likes

This “attack dog” for the State Department is foaming at the mouth and must be put down to avoid harming anyone else.

13 Likes

How about going after the war criminals that pushed for and launched the war including Bush, Chenney, etc. Add Joe Biden to the list too for his leading the warmonger efforts in the Senate.

20 Likes

Pompeo, maybe the world no longer wants to “tolerate” the US of A and its nefarious activities around the world.

16 Likes

Americans can commit war crimes with impunity and the families of anyone who investigates them better watch out. Spoken like a true Christian.

10 Likes

The system is set up so the perpetuators never suffer consequences, only the victims. I applaud the criminal court but the results from a moral standpoint will be nil. It seems justice is no longer available from humankind, only nature will get vengence as the harmony of the world is destroyed.

8 Likes

If ya done nothing wrong why threaten the investigator?

10 Likes

As with Trump, this is a person who does not belong in the U.S.A.

6 Likes

I don’t know, but when you call Putin and Erdogan thugs, ya kinda have to wonder about a mental moron like Pompeo.

6 Likes

In an ironic twist, the threats only make a probe of US war crimes more, not less, likely to proceed.

But keep that pie hole jabbering, Mike. You might need some deep breaths near a Covid19 carrier.

4 Likes

The image of America has changed it will never again be the image of revolution, freedom, and democracy, but the image of violence and militarism.

4 Likes

That horse bolted a long long time ago.

4 Likes

The mafiosi are threatening the DA’s family.

3 Likes

This administration is doing incredible damage to the image and reputation of the USA around the world and even within its own borders. What kind of person brings families into it?

How shameful can you get? He doesn’t like what you said so now your families better watch out? A coward feeling caught by the evidence will threaten someone‘s family out of desperation.
Desperation and a disdainful familiarity with dishonor.

6 Likes

I’ll have Guido put a horse head in your daughter’s bed …

What an embarrassment. I would put a bag over my head, but I can not hide the fact I’m an American.

3 Likes

The US put itself above International Law ca. 2002 by withdrawing its signature from the ICC agreement indicating that it did not intend to ratify the agreement. The Obama administration re-established working relationship with the Court as an ‘observer. (What a joke!)’ Some other countries with less than reputable politics (like Israel and Sudan) also withdrew.
Who owns the ICC…??

2 Likes

The empire is rotting! Sistas and brothas it’s time. Skin and bones vomiting up nonsense! The capitalist banning together not to help the sick, to help a dying capitilism! Banning together out of fear that folks will see through the veneer of democracy!

"To educate the masses politically does not mean, cannot mean, making a political speech. What it means is to try, relentlessly and passionately, to teach the masses that everything depends on them; that if we stagnate it is their responsibility, and that if we go forward it is due to them too, that there is no such thing as a demiurge, that there is no famous man who will take the responsibility for everything, but that the demiurge is the people themselves and the magic hands are finally only the hands of the people.

Frantz Fanon, [The Wretched of the Earth]

“Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners.”

Vladimir Lenin

4 Likes

The pompous one says the Criminal Court is " AN EMBARRASSMENT" he is correct whether he realizes it or not!