Home | About | Donate

Beating the Big Pharma Shell Game

Beating the Big Pharma Shell Game

Fran Quigley

A trillion-dollar industry is in trouble. And it is fighting back.

Have longitudinal and cross-sectional studies verified in any way, shape, or manner that we really need the bulk of drugs that are prescribed? Patients have been conditioned to seek drugs as a psychological salve to their issues. Doctors have been conditioned to prescribed them. Certainly some conditions/diseases fully warrant pharmacological treatment. But really, isn’t Big Pharma largely a “shell game” from the get go? The Rockefeller medicine model is hopefully running into the headwinds of those who wish to be healthy and not perpetually treated. Damn that cinnamon roll tasted good this morning. (But I did take the dog out for a couple of miles first.) In all seriousness, though, I wonder what Chomsky’s Profit Over People might say about the matter. Oh wait, I guess the title says it all.

1 Like

This article points to big reason we can’t have improved MFA: Those who profit handsomely from perpetuating the current system have the money and influence to stifle reform.

And that, my friends, is what an oligarchy looks like.

1 Like

The article failed to mention the fucking insane patent system that gives PHRMA fucking stupid exclusivity for many, many years on drugs basically creating a mini-monopoly for each drug on patent. THEN, PHRMA bribes generic drug makers to NOT make a drug when it comes off patent. These criminals should be in jail getting anally massaged.

1 Like