Home | About | Donate

Because She Was Wrong About Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen, and Libya, Daniel Ellsberg Joins Campaign Against Flournoy

Yes, thank you. I have seen him in the past for short interviews, however, I haven’t seen him since MSNBC began firing all their left-leaning hosts (Schultz, Donahue, etc). Totally agree.

2 Likes

I think the “liberals” or whatever on MSNBC would be entirely opposed to him being on, well the people in charge of that horrible propaganda mill would. He would light them on fire.

8 Likes

True, and like any business that needs a demand for their products in order to stay profitable; the the Amerikan war business is no different, that demand is supplied by bogus, manufactured, enemies.

4 Likes

Anyone who has done both, can tell you that leaving a political party is world’s easier than leaving an abusive spouse. And you don’t even have the additional trauma caused by family court.

4 Likes

Biden has been a war monger and a Wall Street Stooge. No doubt these candidates have been selected by him!

Chomsky and Ellsberg have made tremendous contributions to progressive causes, and to humanity in general. They should be recognized and applauded for that.

However, they both gave numerous interviews and wrote commentaries calling on people to elect Biden.

Now that Biden has been elected, where is the coverage of, and popular engagement in, the BLM movement?

Where is the coverage of, and popular engagement in, mutual aid and other local alternative economics?

Now that Trump 1.0 is history, there is a tidal wave of momentum to pushing politics to the right. That was inevitable. It hope Chomsky and Ellsberg do much more than writing occasional op eds and interviews calling on the powerful anti-democratic elites to “do the right thing”. I would help if they get their hands dirty helping to build support for grassroots movements. Unfortunately, in work I’m doing related to the climate crisis, while I am seeing some faltering steps to address it by Biden, I see Chomsky opposing grassroots bottom up initiatives to address climate change because he is fixated on his conviction that capitalism will be here for decades.

We should recognize that if global warming is an automatic consequence of capitalism, we might as well say goodbye to each other. I would like to overcome capitalism, but it’s not in the relevant time scale. Global warming basically has to be taken care of within the framework of existing institutions, modifying them as necessary. That’s the problem we face. - Noam Chomsky _https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/21446383/noam-chomsky-robert-pollin-climate-change-book-green-new-deal

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for someone to make Biden’s feet uncomfortably warm.

3 Likes

Positing by the number of websites I have been kicked off and virulent attacks I have undergone expressing this viewpoint, for some, at least, I have my doubts.

1 Like

Were you attacked by your family members, whom you believed loved you, or just random strangers?
Did the party, or your family members, try to destroy your life, and leave you and your children destitute?

Leaving a political party is a breeze.

1 Like

The dims foreign policy is the same as its climate policy, corporate interests over human rights. If the so called economy falters, create a war and rally around the flag. Biden is merely setting the stage for the ultimate bail out, it always works and is a great way to discourage dissent. Also, a great way to reach over to the other side of the aisle and “bring us together”.

Hi Hens Teeth.

I have no hope for the established economic/political power structure. I think there is a need for a paradigm shift among progressives in the US. There is a lot of work to develop social, political, and economic structures that promote human and environmental well-being in marginalized and vulnerable communities in the US, and in other parts of the world. I think we should look to these grassroots initiatives as the path forward. Along these lines, here’s a video of efforts by grassroots community organizers in Brazil: _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfYAejvZmms

3 Likes

Wow, four more years of pissing and moaning. Not even in the WH yet.

1 Like

The JFK assassination was the warning, and all have heeded it since.
Support energy and war or else.

4 Likes

He’s not correct 100% of the time, but Ellsberg is 89 and has done more than most of us here put together. I’ll cut him some slack

Another thread that has lost it’s way right from the beginning.
I thought this was a critique of the Dept. of Defense pick.
In that vane, how about Tammy Duckworth.
Let’s face it, a dove is not going to be picked for that job.

Oh, I wasn’t referring to myself, I agree with you completely. I was speaking about others who react with extreme vituperation to the idea that they are in an abusive relationship with the Democratic party.

2 Likes

In that case, for me at least, it is NOT going to come from the ballot box but walking away from this exploitive system that creates inequality and has lain waste to our support systems–the eco-systems. We just turn away as in total, non cooperation where we befriend local farmers trading work, services or other goods that we may walk away from dependence on this system.

3 Likes

The hardest part about leaving either a spouse, or a political party, is accepting that you are an abused person. It is a painfully, demeaning, and humbling process. You have to accept that you are one of “those” people who were stupid and/or incompetent enough to get yourself into that position.

6 Likes

Yes, I know the feeling. Not only did I go through a divorce, but was suckered into voting for Obama twice. By the end of Zero’s second term, however, I harbored no illusions. That others persist in continuing to invoke the lote strategy after Obama’s big reveal and all that’s happened subsequently,frankly, strains credulity and is a testament the degree to which how some of even the best intentioned of people have been propagandized.

5 Likes

Like Trump, the Fourth Reich will eliminate anyone that is not loyal and is perceived as a potential threat to it’s multi- billion dollar gravy train.