Home | About | Donate

Because There Is No Difference: On Bikers, Headscarves, Haka and Unity

Because There Is No Difference: On Bikers, Headscarves, Haka and Unity

In need of a glimmer of light, we looked to New Zealand, where in the face of a bloody cataclysm the country has risen together in extraordinary strength and grace to steadfastly declare, "We are one." Their leader mourned, consoled, embraced all, took action; women donned headscarves; gangs performed haka; thousands guarded mosques and joined Muslim prayers; and a 95-year-old World War ll vet took four buses to attend a rally against racism because, despite all, "We care for each other."

1 Like

We could have used leadership and sanity like this after 9/11.

But no.

3 Likes

These Kiwi acts of love and solidarity drown out the hateful ravings of that Kiwi legislator who blamed immigrants for the attack. That legislator was, of course, a descendant of immigrants to NZ.

2 Likes

Haka is a fine art, touching on all human aspects - every fibre of the heart, coordinated by mind, expressed in succinct LANGUAGE, voiced by the entire body.

Thank you!
“Our differences are the glue that hold us so tightly together.”

4 Likes

Hi tapatio—: ) It’s amazing what just one national leader can do to make the world a better place----words matter! : )

1 Like

Do you mean Senator Fraser Anning? He is not from New Zealand but from Australia, as is Brenton Tarrant, the suspected perpetrator.

Thanks for the correction!

WOW- Amerikkka is not the greatest place on earth!
If only the Palestinians could get this type of LOVE from their torturers. between amerkkka and isreal , they are keeping nzi ideology alive.

That act of performing Haka. I think a lot of us would feel better after doing so.
Who needs Tai Chi?

…The Soul of New Zealand seems to be a real shining Jewel…Praise be…

…I must admit in reviewing the comments that I’m disturbed that after a WEEK, that there aren’t more tributes to the solidarity of these fine folks…WTF!!..