Home | About | Donate

Because US Can't Be Counted On to Uphold Basic Rights, Canadian Court Strikes Down Bilateral Asylum Agreement

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/22/because-us-cant-be-counted-uphold-basic-rights-canadian-court-strikes-down-bilateral

2 Likes

Canada’s right on this one. The US has truly become an outlaw nation.

5 Likes

Sets precedent as to unavailability of due process in America’s judiciary

Now on to World Court to further sustain our fouled jurisprudence

Allowing Human Rights recognition from a Court who details True Justice

Fascists Beware

4 Likes

The US CAN “be counted upon to VIOLATE basic human rights”. Human rights suppression at home and abroad have been a top priority for the GOP at least since Joe McCarthy’s anti-commie crusade 70 years ago.

4 Likes

New sign at the Canadian border reads

“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore”

4 Likes

Future headline

Trimp Sells Statue of Liberty for Scrap

2 Likes

How much longer is it before a Judge In Canada rules that peoples trying to escape the USA are legitimate refugees under international law.?

This ruling speaks to peoples from third countries and not from the USA itself.

4 Likes

Like I said, I feel we should give the statue back to the French, they clearly have shown they deserve it much more than the U.S. does

1 Like

The two become less different by the day

2 Likes

A typically Canadian mealy-mouthed ruling – “a comparison of the two systems is not the role
of this court, nor is it the role of this court to pass judgment on the U.S. asylum system”
– with six months to implement and an appeal possible.

Watch for the slimy Trudeau regime to slither around this ruling.
But given Canada’s subservience to Uncle Sam, it’s welcome nonetheless.