Home | About | Donate

'Beginning of the End of Climate-Wrecking Fossil Fuel Finance': World's Largest Public Bank Ditches Oil and Coal

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/14/beginning-end-climate-wrecking-fossil-fuel-finance-worlds-largest-public-bank

4 Likes

GOOD NEWS! I wonder if the 1% and it’s rich climate deniers are finally realizing their wealth will not save them from future climate devastation ?

6 Likes

Great, but why wait two years. Dump the climate criminels now…and move the money into some of the transition projects the world needs so desperately.

10 Likes

Will benefit people around the world only assuming they stop breeding like flies.

2 Likes

Finally, a bank with a realistic vision of the future.

3 Likes

Will other banks welcome the oil and gas financing instead? Or will the other banks follow suit???

2 Likes

Anyone with the rare gift of reason has known this for several decades, or more, the rest are waiting for Jesus to come down from the sky, or, like the petro-gangsters, oligarchs, and organized business/crime family, they just don’t care.

8 Likes

Can we find finance green instead?

1 Like

If Venice doesn’t bring it home to deniers, what will it take?

2 Likes

I searched to try to find an elevation map of the world and of low-lying areas. Excepting Bangladesh, I couldn’t locate anywhere. All the maps are using 0-200 meters as the lowest elevation segment, clearly unhelpful.
Venice was already underwater, just cute when it flooded. The story of South Yorkshire flooding got some press only because Boris got smeared there. I expect continued denial.

1 Like

I do wish the media would not use the term “Carbon Dioxide”. It is not a pollutant. Without it life could not exist and the more there is the better. If a group of people sit in a room for 1+ hours the CD (depending on room size and amount of people) will rise to 1000 - 2000 + ppm.

you are way too late with that message, 2 more years will show you loud and clear.

1 Like

Good point. Maybe a global population of eight billion people who each want everything the world has to offer; as much or more than their parents had, is quite enough for our little globe. So family size limits please, regardless of religious beliefs or preferences. And let’s stop pressuring those who are happily and serenely single into sex, marriage and a family.

1 Like

LOL!!! That’s why the Trump administration is so aggression orientated. Bring Jesus back for the Secretary Of State to see, as soon as possible.

We are moving in the right direction in that regard, as world wide birth rates have dropped considerably in just the last two generations.
Of course, it’s very difficult to slow the growth of a base sample population of over 8 billion. But fear not, the coming pestilence will take care of population growth.

Yes, and if they sat in that unventilated room for another couple of hours they would all die of asphyxiation.
What’s your point?

4 Likes

Don’t worry, they’ll find another disastrous investment vehicle to replace it with that will be of equal harm to the earth. You can count on it.

2 Likes

… and make everyone less alert, effective, and decisive. CO2 is an indoor air pollutant! See the following:

1 Like

Hello PonyBoy,
Not a totally realistic vision of the future! We have had “Cap and Trade” in the “Amerikkka” or as I calls it “Crap and Trade” which gives the polluters the edge as they only provide money while polluting to their hearts content!

1 Like

Hello BigB,
Actually the destruction of the planet, from whatever, will take care of population growth as there won’t be much of a population, if any in the future.!

1 Like