Home | About | Donate

'Behavior of a Desperate Man': Trump Denounced for Calling on Supporters to Engage in Voter Intimidation

Trump did get Biden to admit in no uncertain terms, that he does NOT support the Green New Deal. As someone who absolutely is sitting this election out because they are both unacceptable, believe them when they unintentionally tell you the truth. Biden is still the corporate tool who gave us militarized policing, the Iraq War, the bankruptcy bill, mass incarceration of minorities, tried to gut Social Security, opposes national single-payer health care, etc. This campaign has NOTHING for progressives, and that is exactly what the oligarchy wanted. Who will win? The oligarchy will, no matter if it’s Donnie or Joe.

9 Likes

Excellent comments as your namesake understood that the Democrats were just as bad as the Republicans. That is, if not more so, even more accurate today where there is very little substantial difference between the two major corporate political parties. Not once did Biden during that alleged debate ever state that the people need to take to the streets in order to protest against the Trump administration. Apparently wanting the people to voice their grievances is not high on Biden’s list of priorities. Eugene Debs knew that neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have the best interests of the American people at heart. And like Bernie Sanders Biden wants the people to naively place their trust in his party. The hope is that most people in this country will not be that easily fooled by either one of these corporate candidates.

2 Likes

Actually if the Nuremberg principles were applied to U.S. leadership every post WW2 president would have been executed. From Truman to Trump. The blow jobs Clinton got were probably the least odious transgressions of his presidency.

7 Likes

I basically agree except, perhaps, for Carter who managed to keep the United States out of military adventures though, as expected, he did erroneously believe that the U.S. had nothing to apologize for when it came to the Vietnam War and what the American military unjustifiably did to those wretched people.

1 Like

Biden did say he supported the green deal on a reply to Trump-----but yes Biden’s plan is kind of a joke, at least he is offering something–Trump called on a white racist group proud boys to do what??? and if I heard correctly Trump was bragging about his extra-judicial killings???

Trump specifically told the Proud Boys to “Stand back and stand by.” It does not get much clearer than that as this country’s leader is telling that racist organization to wait until he gives them the order to intimidate and attack people, either before or during the election. And there is little doubt that the response by Biden and the Democrats to Trump will be tepid at best.

In an excellent article in last Sunday’s Seattle Times [“Don’t be misled by Trump’s brazen election strategy”] political science professor Susan Stokes writes that people need to stop saying that Trump wishes to engage in election sabotage since he is already doing exactly that right now when he claims, without evidence, that there is massive voter fraud in states which allow mail-in voting.

4 Likes

Carter enabled the Indonesian destruction of East Timor, with aid increasing alongside the genocidal atrocities. Also the idea of reconstituting Somoza’s National Guard on the Honduran side of the border with Nicaragua came from the Carter administration using planes with Red Cross markings which is a war crime. Not to mention recruiting, arming and training a fundamentalist Islamic army in Afghanistan. These last two initiatives, of course, turned up to 11 by Reagan Inc.

3 Likes

I do not disagree but simply wish to point out, again, that Carter, unlike Johnson, Nixon, Clinton, both Bushes, Reagan, Obama, and Trump, did not send American troops or drop bombs on people in foreign countries. But not having done that certainly does not excuse the actions which he had committed and which you mentioned in your post.

1 Like

Carter was absolutely better than any of his successors. But it seems he was the Dems first well known manifestation of neoliberalism. Trump is like the worst manifestation of his own predecessors.

2 Likes

Bernie has been doing a lot to help get progressive candidates elected------You have to accept something-----people in this country are afraid to support the left-----and when one listens to the rhetoric of republicans and Trump no wonder the left is despised------and the left never really responds to these attacks---------Trump has carried out extra-judicial killings and the people on the left call these two the same??? No wonder the left in this country is a joke.

2 Likes

As a Green, who WILL be voting for Biden, I know that Joe Biden, corrupt Zionist/corporate puppet that he is, is far, far better than Donald Trump, who wants to turn the United States into a Fourth Reich on steroids.

2 Likes

Trump has the look of a very FEARFUL man who knows if he loses, he will be going straight to prison.
He exuded Desperation, Fear, Rage and he turned into a Combatant who was ready to call out his Einsatzgruppen to defend him at all costs. Disturbing

6 Likes

What you and Sanders are ignoring is that very little progressive actions are ever going to take place under a Democratic administration. What you also seem to be forgetting is that Biden is against Medicare and the Green New Deal while supporting Israel, the U.S. military and its ever expanding budget, America’s endless wars, had supported NAFTA, and actually boasted about supporting fracking. The moderate Biden also refuses to say whether the Democrats should pack the Supreme Court. Sanders’ role, which he successfully carried out, was to corral people into the Democratic party so that true progressive ideas would be suppressed. And Biden, as I noted, is doing his best to make sure that happens.

1 Like

here come the brown shirts

2 Likes

Once again, we see clearly that blue check dems do not consider anyone to the left of them to be allies. We are their enemy, far more so than right wingers.

5 Likes

Back on topic, there has been discussion this election about the legality of voter intimidation at the polls, so I found the link below. It claims intimidation at the polls is covered under the 1965 Voting Rights Act, making it illegal in all 50 states, and I assume US territories. It includes a felony penalty of up to 1 year in jail and/or $1000 fine. Here’s a number to call the Election Protection Hotline (1-866-our-vote) or Dept. of Justice (1-800-253-3931), after reporting the intimidation to your local poll workers.

(h)ttps://www.findlaw.com/voting/how-do-i-protect-my-right-to-vote-/voter-intimidation–what-it-is-and-what-to-do.html

7 Likes

Obama too carried out extra-judicial killings (drone bombing a Muslim cleric and his son in two separate incidents). Interesting too that the first black president was instrumental in bringing open slave markets to an African nation. Who said irony was dead?

“You’re either with us or against us, eh?” Actually, that is precisely your own position re democrats.

3 Likes

I got a 404 error on that link. Any others?

If you put that into a behavior paradigm, it might provide you with some added insight. Yes, maybe the Democrats hurt your feelings but is that really the response of an adult - mature person?

3 Likes