Home | About | Donate

Believe Me, You Don’t Want Someone to Save the World

Believe Me, You Don’t Want Someone to Save the World

Wyatt Massey
The change we need comes from the daily actions of many, many people.
Do not ask for singular, muscular acts of heroism.  Illustration by yogysic/Getty Images.

Sorry Wyatt

We need to mask, suppress and cauterize our pain twenty four seven.
Movies, Comic book heroes, alchohol, marijuana, heroin and cocaine are not enough.

Or else we might do some real harm to ones closest to us with all the guns we have.

Scahill? Who? Who is that?
Really only Maddow, she is a hero!
Intercept? is that on RT> what kind of flaming commie are you?

Hazing was common in the private school I got admission into by being the last guy on the waiting list from the qualitfying exam allowed in.

Although I received plenty as a freshmen, I never partook.
When I was in my third year at the school, a second year student decided to cross a line during the ritual with a freshman female. It was not by much. I was present. I can just say that he did not do anything that others had not previously done during previous years to incoming freshman.

Turns out she belonged to a power clan in the city. Her large cousins came in one day and broke the boys hand next to cafeteria in broad daylight.

Already cowered by the dynamic of my own family, I once more decided to act morally but never loudly. I became a bigger coward than I already was.

So here we are.
I write on CD.

Indeed the workers’ anthem says much the same thing

“No saviour from on high delivers
No faith have we in prince or peer
Our own right hand the chains must shiver
Chains of hatred, greed and fear”

Marx also said similar. “The emancipation of the working classes must be conquered by the working classes themselves.”

And Eugene Debs said, “i do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I led you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition.”