Home | About | Donate

Bending the Arc

Bending the Arc

Robert C. Koehler

Maybe this much is true. Donald Trump, pseudo-president-elect, loser of the real election, charismatic stump-speech populist whose actual ability to govern may well be non-existent, has inflicted significant damage on America’s political infrastructure.

"The President needs to protect America first."
Trump Superpac Spokesman

That a President swears to Preserve, Protect and Defend the CONSTITUTION seems to get lost in the shuffle these past years.

America first? What does that even mean? We posture as the world's policeman when we actually are the world's hegemon, determined to impose our will on other nations and cultures. If you don't agree with this, ask any native American to set you straight.

When it comes to international conflicts, you'd think that people would have noticed by now that we are so bad at resolving them and so good at starting them. You'd think that we could see through the propaganda that the MSM shovels on us pumping for war against Russia and China. No, they tell us the lies that most people want to hear. It will take a major pushback from the world, like foreign troops occupying THIS country and bombing the hell out of OUR civilians, for us to finally wake up to the truth.

Hopefully, Trump’s legacy for fascism in America will mirror Hitler’s legacy for fascism in Germany.

The Trump stuff will never be normalized in the northeast and on the west coast but I could see the danger of that happening in several other regions in the country. This could produce a test eventually of whether the US can stay together as one nation. Perhaps it isn't really indivisible after all. The divisions are pretty sharp and getting sharper and people are moving into areas where people have similar political beliefs.

And perhaps we could now ask why we should. Many behemoths have devolved....

i do as much as possible try to avoid self-identification under any umbrella label. for example on the census report when asked my race, i choose "other" and write human on the line. just five days ago i posted in another discussion something that dovetails with this koehler piece, "perhaps the trump presidency of overt racism, sexism and islamophobia may also bring to the surface a backlash inspiring people who get it to boycott the system and speak up in no uncertain terms.

"One planet, one humanity"
- last words of this article

The way forward?

Yes - I think so.

Yes, Robert Koehler, all week I have been saying to myself, "I am Muslim".

Reading many articles here on CD and elsewhere I am wondering how do Trump resisters break through the msm propaganda wall. MSM has become a big hinderance in creating an educated, informed public. We saw it with the recent primaries and the Sanders blackout. I see it daily with the police brutality committed upon the Water Protectors in ND (noDAPL). and on and on.