Home | About | Donate

Beppe Grillo: Nationalize Banks to Throw Off 'Anti-Democratic Straitjacket'

Beppe Grillo: Nationalize Banks to Throw Off 'Anti-Democratic Straitjacket'

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Longtime critic of the Eurozone's destructive commitment to austerity, Italian comedian-turned-political activist Beppe Grillo has launched what one news outlet called a "full-throated attack" on the single currency, saying his country should throw off that "anti-democratic straitjacket" by nationalizing its banks and taking a stronger stance against the demands of elite financial interests.

So true the moment democracy is second to Wall Street we all know the consequences.
Coalition of debtor nations to break the stranglehold

It really is something to bend one's mind around the rhetoric. The system became powerful by saying - falsely - that nature (and the feminine) is something to be used especially for advantage; 1) enslavement and colonization of autonomous peoples; 2) dehumanizing all peoples except the colonizer; 3) establishing hegemony over how to perceive systems of measurement and of time; 4) claiming hegemony over language (see 1,2 and 3). 5) establishing a monetary system based on all that can be excluded by the first four metric sets; 6) collaboration can only be done on a competitive basis.
There is no human 'inside' to the system - humans and all that is fundamental to human life were 'externalized' to rationalize the column balances on the spreadshits of greed and usury. 'Pigs' have been flying for centuries.

Bravo Grillo.

So, it takes an Italian comedian to expose the EU for the joke it really has become- Bravo and Kudos to BeppeGrillo!
Greece, Spain, Portugal, Ireland and Italy and whoever else- form your own anti-euro and get out from under the usurious Ponzi scheming "Money Changers"....

In the foreword to the book Pagans in the Promised Land by Steve Newcomb clear distinction is laid out about "Christendom".

"There is a difference between Christ and Christianity: the former is a title given to Jesus of Nazareth by those believe him to be the Messiah of the family of Abraham; the latter is the teachings these believers produced over many years in the institutional development of their church. Christianity, the belief system of the church, is different from Christendom, which is an amalgamation of churches and states. Christendom consists of alliances among secular princes and priestly authorities; it culminates in the doctrine of divine right of kings and popes."

The book carefully tracks the elements of what has come to be known as the Doctrine of Discovery, the impact on indigenous peoples and ongoing presence in federal law in the US.

As in Europe, all constructs of a very particular legacy of forms of Manifest Destiny

So who gets Greeced next Portugal, Spain or Italy?

Thanks theoldgoat for the historical explanations you delivered here- Your posts clear up a lot of questions about how things came to be- this is what I truly enjoy about CD- People in the know that are willing to share....
So, is it safe to assume that the Magna Carta and charter of the Forests did not include or in any way give rights to any of the future victims of the "Doctrine of Discovery"?

That's a good one, nineteen50. I was so excited when I thou

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

That is a good question. I know nothing about the Charter of the Forest, and thank you for bringing it up - the one thing that I see is that aspects were still in force into the 1970s. The Doctrine of Discovery - otherwise known as the Doctrine of Christian Discovery ...

"The Discovery doctrine is a concept of public international law expounded by the United States Supreme Court in a series of decisions, most notably Johnson v. M'Intosh in 1823. Chief Justice John Marshall justified the way in which colonial powers laid claim to lands belonging to foreign sovereign nations during the Age of Discovery. Under it, title to lands lay with the government whose subjects traveled to and occupied a territory whose inhabitants were not subjects of a European Christian monarch. The doctrine has been primarily used to support decisions invalidating or ignoring aboriginal possession of land in favor of colonial or post-colonial governments."

OK, I was somehow thinking that the Doctrine of Discovery is what gave Mr. Columbus the mandate of taking any and all when he "discovered" the "New World"- I was under the impression that it dated back further in time- It must have aided President Polk with Manifest Destiny instead of CC and his similar brutal form of pillage- Thank YOU for clarifying this for me as I am growing weary of googleing everthing that comes my way-And google doesn't seem to assist in the way it used to-seems one has to dig deeper all of the time....
Much appreciated as usual with your posts...
Noam Chomski gave an excellent talk in University of St Andrews A few years ago on the Charter of the Forests along with the Magna Carta-(due to it's 800th Anniversary this year) I'll try and find A link for you...

The Great Charter: Its Fate, Our Fate
The University of Saint Andrews, June 19, 2012
Noam Chomsky
http://www.chomsky.info/talks/20120619.htm (Transcript)

Published on Jul 29, 2012
Professor Noam Chomsky - 'The Great Charter: Its fate, our fate'
University of St Andrews 600th Anniversary Lecture, 19 June 2012.

(Video-*sound gets better in 5 or 10 minutes!)

You DO think arightly - it DOES date back to15th century papal bulls. Try taking a gander at these. The same site has videos of conferences following the repudiation by the World of Churches and the UN Permanent Forum devoting an entire session at the UN in 2013. The goal is to get the pope to repudiate and get people to understand how it shapes US Indian Law. Nasty, spurious stuff.

Thanks for the Chomsky post.

Very interesting... thanks for that ....

I think that Europa was a young goddess gathering wildflowers who was seduced, kidnapped, and raped by Zeus posing as a sacred bull. Quite a few parallels with the story of Greece and all the other foolishly innocent countries that entered the Eurozone.

Good way to state it.... "When democracy is second to Wall Street" Now that is a direct statement... very understandable....

The "effort" by the powerful and elite... the rich and the "money changers'.... is to hang on to what generates more of the same for them... Power and money... I wish we here in the U.S.A would rise up and take the initiative.... to WREST CONTROL of our CLIMATE... FROM THE HANDS OF POWER NOW ON THE SWITCH.... we are careening to oblivion... and I for one... am having a very hard time processing this path.... WHY are we NOT OBJECTING!!! We see the REPORTS FROM CLIMATE SCIENTIST.... Now they are finally speaking out.... We need to POWER DOWN AT THE SAME TIME WE BUILD THE NEW SOURCE (OF POWER)..... Climate scientist KEVIN ANDERSEN .... STATES that we are too late to ONLY rely on renewables... we need to HAVE ENERGY AUSTERITY ..... AND AND AND .....BEGIN WITH THE 1% .... BY EXPECTING ... programs that take THEIR MONEY and put it to USE IN PROVIDING SAFETY NETS.... for all of the rest of us... ECONOMIES HAVE TO CHANGE.... DO NOT LET THE RICH SURVIVE AT THE EXPENSE FO THE REST OF US....

What A trip of Discovery for you and I- This site seems to be A tell all:
Five Hundred Years of Injustice:
The Legacy of Fifteenth Century Religious Prejudice
by Steve Newcomb
When Christopher Columbus first set foot on the white sands of Guanahani island, he performed a ceremony to "take possession" of the land for the king and queen of Spain, acting under the international laws of Western Christendom. Although the story of Columbus' "discovery" has taken on mythological proportions in most of the Western world, few people are aware that his act of "possession" was based on a religious doctrine now known in history as the Doctrine of Discovery. Even fewer people realize that today - five centuries later - the United States government still uses this archaic Judeo-Christian doctrine to deny the rights of Native American Indians.
http://ili.nativeweb.org/sdrm_art.html

I recently read that the pope recently apologized to some aboriginal people somewhere in South America, and some of them thought that the apologie was insufficient as their original land had been pilfered from them from early Vatican Doctrines...The pope may well have opened A can of worms with the apologie....I just now realized where my thoughts about this came about.....Lets hope that the worm finally turns for the original inhabitants of the land-Long overdue redemption....
Hope you liked the piece by Chomski-

Not too long ago, I was surprised at the attacks on Germany NOT because the Germans did nothing wrong, but because many of these attackers, well-known columnists from the US and a few from the UK, often failed to remind readers that what the "Troika" did was to simply follow the formula laid down by the IMF/World Bank. I mentioned how during the last Asian financial crisis Indonesia, like many other Asian (and in the past Latin American) nations, was forced to adopt austerity measures that almost instantly started massive riots that resulted in the overthrow of Suharto. In countries ranging from South Korea to Thailand - all along the Far Eastern arc - governments were shaken or overthrown, and national assets were sold to multinationals, especially from the West, for a song.

Today, however, everyone seems to be suggesting that German behavior is somehow unique, that the Germans are evil, and more than a few columnists from the US have publicly compared German behavior with Nazism. Even the "left" in CD seems to say the same thing.

A question keeps popping up: Are these attacks on Germany and Germans a result of Merkel NOT listening to Washington in matters regarding the Ukraine, to the extent that she and Hollande went on a peace-making trip on their own, resulting in the Minsk truce?

Also, would a threat towards breaking up the EU, or at least weakening it, teach Germany and France a lesson? Would its actual breakup result in more hegemony by the US and its "ally" (the UK)? Would NATO be more manageable if and when Europe returns to the former collection of small states? If so, would the world be a better place then? Or would such a NATO be more likely to start a war with Russia?

Over to my fellow readers here.

Surely banksters are utilizing high frequency trading dark pools busily amassing profits as we type on that bet.