Home | About | Donate

Bernie Sanders 'Raises the Bar Even Further' on Climate With Vow to Ban Fracking, All New Fossil Fuel Projects

Bernie Sanders 'Raises the Bar Even Further' on Climate With Vow to Ban Fracking, All New Fossil Fuel Projects

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Bernie Sanders won praise from environmental groups after releasing a climate platform that calls for a complete ban on fracking, a moratorium on all new fossil fuel projects, an end to oil exports, and a Green New Deal.

2 Likes

Leadership…

4 Likes

That took long enough, now what about Assange and Venezuela ?

3 Likes

Bernie, Tulsi, Warren and Gravel. Those are the only ones that need to be on the debate stage. Their vision is the vision for the future. All the rest are chaff.

7 Likes

Exactly what we need!

Now lets couple that with a commitment to renewable energy sources - solar, wind, geothermal, etc. And let’s commit to making the change in thousands of places at a community scale. There is no need to remain under the thumb of the fossil fuel and corporate utility giants like Duke Energy.

5 Likes

That sound you hear might just be several million Millennials getting off their asses to bother voting.

And guess what? It won’t be for Kamalobama Harris, Beto-and-switch, or Uncle Joe.

If the d-party understood where their future lies, they’d start promoting the positions that majorities favor, but that donors hate, as “common sense” solutions. Of course, they’re so effin owned by their corporate masters that they cover their eyes when it’s time to read the writing on the wall.

The planet is on the brink of climate chaos, and they tinker at the margins. Is the d-party establishment cowardly, corrupt, or stupid? You be the judge.

8 Likes

I hope Bernie takes into consideration of what happens when the oil industry is threatened or jeopardized. Yes they spend ungodly amounts of money to save their industry. But it also tends to see people killed of disappear.
This will be like the days of Al Capone. If it even gets that far.

2 Likes
  1.   Pardon my ignorance, but who is Gravel?
  2.   Any bets on which chaff the DNC’s Stupor-Delegates will choose at the Convention, even if
      Bernie and/or Tulsi have a big lead in primary votes?
  3.   Speaking of chaff:  Bait-Owe, Biden, Booker & Buddy-Geek = B4 = Bought By Big Business.

This judge says, “ALL of the above.”

2 Likes

Gravel as I recall goes way back to the Vietnam War. He the one that introduced the Pentagon Papers into the Public record and suggested that the war was premised on lies.

He has long been an advocate for direct democracy and single payer health care.

7 Likes

IIRC, Capone was nailed for Tax Evasion.  Hopefully Tweetle-Dumb – and the rest of the Drümpf Crime Family – will meet a similar fate.

1 Like

Bernie, Tulsi, Warren and Gravel. Those are the only ones that need to be on the debate stage.

I am old enough to recall a time when a “Democratic Party” debate would have been between candidates similar to these - and only these. That would have been the boundaries of debate for the entire party (except for the Dixiecrats, of course). How far down the corporate corruption rabbit-hole Clinton-Obama-Pelosi-Schumer-et al have taken a once proud party.

5 Likes

The braindead Conservative right wing bass turds ain’t gonna like this.

Nothing to do with your ignorance. Mike Gravel was a senator from my State, Alaska who was a man of integrity who was against all the Vietnam war lies and instrumental in helping to make the Pentagon papers transparent. Mike Gravel has been demonized by the fascists ever since and that is why like you, very few know about him.

4 Likes

They keep upping the anti - I luv it.

By the time the Primaries happen we might just have a Progressive Platform for the first time in decades.

That’s what Bernie does …what no other candidate can do… Raise the bar. The others think they are by using his ides but are failing. Bernie is building an Army and they donate to the cause. The others are getting their donations from big players just like HRC did. Bernie is in tune with the people while the others pretend to be but really have no clue or connection to most of the people in the Rural areas who were hit hardest by just about everything. Many are Trump Cult followers who will vote Trump no matter what, while others will hopefully not. The divide is clear: Trumpers against Progressives. As the Bernie bar is set high, the other wannabes sneak Under it hoping voters won’t notice. Build the Army and we will come!

8 Likes

Caligula got elected steeling Bernie’s ideas - never intending to do them, just mouthing the words.

1 Like

Yup, same Gravel.

“Bernie Sanders ‘Raises the Bar Even Further’”

I’m all for Sanders, but it was Mother Nature who raised the bar. If Sanders will match all bets including a full-bore Green New Deal, then maybe someone will raise him a sharp reduction in MIC spending. The possibilities are unlimited. Maybe someone will even chip in with a constitutional amendment to reverse Cizens United AND Buckley v Valeo.

After all, we’re in the bottom of the sixth, down 3-0 in the last series, and Big Mitch is still throwing spitballs. If there was ever a time to shoot for the moon, this is it.

3 Likes

Very not funny. Guess u r not with us on Bernie. That’s cool. Hang with the other Cro- Magnons. They will enjoy your jokes.

Huh?
I"ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you completely and honestly misunderstood my point.