Home | About | Donate

Bernie Sanders: 'Trump is the Most Dangerous Presidential Candidate in the Modern History of This Country'

Bernie Sanders: 'Trump is the Most Dangerous Presidential Candidate in the Modern History of This Country'

- Common Dreams staff

Bernie Sanders appeared on Real Time With Bill Maher Friday night to share his thoughts on the Democratic National Convention and the "dangerous" Donald Trump.

"I think it was a good convention. I think it brought together people with different points of view within the Democratic Party. But I think what comes out of that convention is the understanding that Donald Trump is the most dangerous presidential candidate in the modern history of this country and he must be defeated."

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Real democracy is beyond personality politics and fear.

Although Sanders told us he will help progressive Democrats' campaigns, he has yet to show up in Washington State where many progressive Democrats are on the primary ballot and the ballots are due on Tuesday August 2.

Washington is a blanket primary state so Aug. 2 is the last hope for these progressive Democrats.

Hillary is determined to push Russia into WW-III. She is now officially running against Putin, and casting Trump as Putin's agent. Even Spiro Agnew was no worse at McCarthyism and red baiting than this. Sorry Bernie, but Hillary is the most dangerous candidate in modern history, and like you, I was there for them all. Not even Nixon was this bad, or such a risk for nuclear annihilation. Nor was George W. Bush.

Bernie has become another Alex Tsipris, starting out as the valiant hero of the Left, and then capitulating completely to the darkness, joining it. What an utter betrayal!!

Compare him to Ted Kennedy in 1980 to see how a brave man deals with this:

www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/tedkennedy1980dnc.htm

If I felt the way Bernie does about Trump, then I understand his actions, and I wish I did, but I don't. I feel Clinton is worse, and I want to support Greens, and I want Clinton to lose.

I didn't watch the convention but saw clips on Democracy Now! and whenever they showed Bernie responding to Hillary's remarks, he had a pained or sad expression. Whenever he did attempt a smile, it looked forced, not at all genuine.

What we like about Bernie is how he always talks tough before he capitulates. But once he capitulates, he does us no more good than the folks who take the corporate money and shill for the TPP candidate. Bernie and his party belong in the rear view mirror if we want actual progress.

Keep clean, Vote green, In twenty-sixteen :slight_smile:

Food for thought....... Obama, the Great progressive Fraud and his SOS.......

"The Obama administration has built more nuclear weapons, more nuclear warheads, more nuclear delivery systems, more nuclear factories. Nuclear warhead spending alone rose higher under Obama than under any American president. The cost over thirty years is more than $1 trillion.

A mini nuclear bomb is planned. It is known as the B61 Model 12. There has never been anything like it. “Going smaller [makes using this nuclear]weapon more thinkable.”

"Few seem aware that the bikini swimsuit was named to celebrate the nuclear explosions that destroyed Bikini island. Sixty-six nuclear devices were exploded by the United States in the Marshall Islands between 1946 and 1958 – the equivalent of 1.6 Hiroshima bombs every day for twelve years.

Bikini is silent today, mutated and contaminated. Palm trees grow in a strange grid formation. Nothing moves. There are no birds. The headstones in the old cemetery are alive with radiation. My shoes registered “unsafe” on a Geiger counter."

"Susan Sarandon recently (April) caused a panic when she revealed her potential unwillingness to vote for Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton in a general election matchup with likely Republican nominee Donald Trump. Sarandon was echoing an attitude shared by many supporters of Clinton’s Democratic opponent, Bernie Sanders, who say they will not vote for Clinton even if it means Trump becoming president of the United States."

https://electronicintifada.net/content/hillary-clinton-more-dangerous-donald-trump/16316

If THESE two bloody rubbish candidates are the best America and its political "parties" can produce to submit to the people for a yea or nay (or stolen selection) to "lead" us, trumps delusional, pathological, mind being also very dangerous, there is something so wrong, so hideous in its various aspects, that we all will be lucky to survive.....socially, economically and actually.......

If you truly thought "Bernie will save us!" then you don't understand humans on Earth. Putting all your cookies in another person's basket is not any kind of strategy for change.

Wrestling with the evolution of humanity is not resolved by a vote, an election, or any savior. We all have to struggle throughout our lives.

Looks like DNC's >>> doubling down on their pathologically lying (corrupt) candidate<<< comes with consequences.

Like I said before and I'll say it again, "The dems can't win without me, along with the majority of 13-million Bernie supporters, who will vote for: "not the pathological liar neocon Clinton-2 & not the pathological liar, oligarch, neofascist. These two corrupt candidates are elites who are keen on killing with drones and bombs and robbing "Peter to pay Paul" - and our children must reap what these two arrogant 1%-ers and their complicit supporters are about to condone - 4-more years of "W" & "O" unflinchingly stalwart support of a bomb and pillage agenda in the name of God and Country.

You and others keep talking as if it were a choice of casting your vote for Jill to become president would belike castting a vote for Hillary or Trump that will put one of them in the WH. But Jill is NOT a potential president in this election. Maybe in four years people can build the Green Party into a real third party but not in time for this election by any stretch of the imagination.

Nevertheless people keep saying 'Jill in '16' but it isn't real. In '16' a vote for Jill may simply be a vote for Trump and fascism. Hillary is crooked but since when is it a surprise that American politicians are corrupt? Trump dips is toe into real fascism and all Americans should think twice about crossing that line.

Jill in 2020 is the reality if we want it to be so but in 2016 Jill on the hill is impossible and may throw us into Trump's greedier hands.

Force yourself into that completely false choice. You'll never force me.

Bernie you blew it. You had your chance to form a third party or join the greens taking thirteen million supporters with you. A third party with that much support would have ended the pay to play corporate controlled duopoly.Instead you turned to the Dark Side and broke the dreams of so many. True revolutionaries seize the moment and you failed miserably.

Fear of one is no reason to vote for the other one. "One plus one is another one."

Debate like a grown up please. What drivel 'force you' ! You try to manipulate people too much. Debate is mutual among equals. Try it .

Ah yes, as everyone here clearly understands from the compelling discussions, Wereflea is the adult here. lol