Home | About | Donate

Berta Cáceres Lives On, And So Does Violence By Honduran Government and Dam Company

Berta Cáceres Lives On, And So Does Violence By Honduran Government and Dam Company

Beverly Bell

Fifteen hundred people from at least 22 countries convened in Honduras from April 13-15, 2016 for the “Peoples of ¡Berta Vive!” International Gathering. They came to honor slain global movement leader Berta Cáceres and to commit themselves to keeping her legacy alive.

Hi Tom

I have lived in Honduras and, usually, visit relatives once a year.

After Berta's murder, I can't go back. That was the last straw. The ten family oligarchy has been murdering activists, critical journalists, and academics with impunity. Of course, it all started with the US orchestrated anti-democratic coup. Hillary wanted to give Latin America's left leaning governments a warning shot.

Now our oligarchs are toppling (or attempting to topple) governments in Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay.

Unfortunately, Latin America has been our ruling class's laboratory of how it will deal with the rest of the world. As you can see, it demands absolute subjugation of all the world's governments to its neo-liberal and neo-conservative ideology.

No reformist governments are allowed...as the Honduran coup demonstrated.

I wonder how long Hondurans -and the rest of the impoverished world- will use non-violent tactics in order to receive social and economic justice?

Remember, under Obama very little in the way of social and economic justice was pursued (his Obamacare was basically a subsidy of the health insurance industry). And that was a Republican alternative to a government supplied healthcare system.

So, with Hillary, expect no reforms in the US or the rest of the world. And she will continue to attempt to further subjugate the world's lower classes to the dictatorship of the financial and corporate aristocracy.

I feel that if Dolores Huerta were made aware of this she would not be trying to help elect Hillary.

Thank you, Hillary Clinton. You must be very proud of yourself along the lines of your good buddy Madeline Albright who said that 500,000 dead Iraqi children was worth it.

Look up A Voter’s Guide to Hillary Clinton’s Policies in Latin America | The Nation.pdf for a brief history of Hillary Clinton's history regarding her support for World Corporate Empire vs. common people.

See A Voter’s Guide to Hillary Clinton’s Policies in Latin America | The Nation.pdf