Home | About | Donate

Beto O'Rourke Rips Media for Failing to Connect Trump Rhetoric to El Paso: 'You Know the Sh*t He's Been Saying...Members of the Press, What the F*ck?'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/05/beto-orourke-rips-media-failing-connect-trump-rhetoric-el-paso-you-know-sht-hes-been

3 Likes

Form a line to the right to pick up your brown shirts.

1 Like

After El Paso, We Can No Longer Ignore Trump’s Role in Inspiring Mass Shootings

Orangeman is obviously a terrorist, continually sowing terror around the world and at home. Is this who we are, inhabitants of some Bunuel dystopia? Decades ago, people who are supposed to know told me “Things will get worse before they get better.” So far, they’ve been half right.

8 Likes

Here’s an ill-deployed Republican dog sent to piss all over the corpses in El Paso. Catchy moniker ya got there, Fido! Your execressence is so exquisitely timed!

9 Likes

Interesting comment. Nonetheless, the execrable Beto’s remarks still stand: Trump promotes racism, his attacks are invariably against ethnic and religious minorities, those attacks go back to the Central Park Five and Birtherism, that kind of hateful rhetoric contributes to violent attacks, more than one assailant has admitted to such, the El Paso shooter could very well fall into the “trump inspired me” category.

And you might want to look up the meaning of “literally.” Afterward, compare how it applies to O’Rourke’s drunk driving and the El Paso shooter’s actions.

7 Likes

Beto O’Rourke is absolutely right on trump, and very rightly angered at the utter failure of the media - the corporate media - and Sunday pretty talking-heads to call what trump and his regime agenda are intentionally doing in America! Helping promote trumps racist words and agenda and his regime players promoting/creating official policy that follow that same agenda! At the same time the media actively suppressed progressive/left voices in opposition to trumps racist hatred and division

The El Paso murders were hate-inspired, politically motivated and can rightly and honestly be laid directly at the doorstep of donald trump for his words and deeds!

He has been called a “master gamester” for building his racist bigot “base”, and that “building” has been accomplished by appealing to the most base and hate-filled bigotry of people the media have helped spread!!

The media has been complicit to this and other atrocities and crimes propping-up and spreading trumps racist message and sowing hate without real challenge to it. The media actually have lauding trumps style - his image whipping-up hatred, on media day after day, in his hate & racism-filled “rallies”, free air-time disseminating his message of division, racism, hatred, and fear! The El Paso murders are a result of that MO, spread and broadcast by the same media that refuses to call-out his actions and take responsibility for what they are!

11 Likes

Such a good post, and a great point: the M$M isn’t merely failing to hold Trump accountable, they are virtually standing up there with him on that Mussollini podium, inciting stochastic terrorism. Complicit!

9 Likes

White Supremacy, hatred and fear of the ‘other’ is not an isolated attitude. They are acquired
generationally from family, associating with like bigots, TV/Social Media propaganda and worshipping leaders that inspire hatred. I fear the latter has now gained the most influence … committing sacrificial killings as a process of worship. Trump is the new Manson.

5 Likes

Disclaimer: I don’t like Beto.
He is only 1/2 right, reread what he said, he hedged his bet. If he had not he would be spot on.

As noted on my page titled Hate on my site, again, hate is a disease as such you have to look for the vector or carrier(s) of the dis-ease. Yes t___p is one. Who are the others? Careful now, are you one as well? Do you employ the term “I hate…” this or that? As the Dalai Lama points out it is a matter of mind training. What have you allowed your mind to be trained in?

3 Likes

For once I agree with Beto. For some time now is has not been an exageration to call Trump a fascist.
Yet, here’s our dillema: the Democrats, including all the nominal progressives have given Trump the largest military budget in history and we are not officially at war. So, this budget can reasonably be seen as funds for a war build-up. The Dems have even provided Trump with funding for his wall. This is what happened in Weimar Germany: Liberals supported fascism’s rise.

Ever though about what you’d do if you lived in the 1930’s in germany? It’s what you are doing right now.

14 Likes

"Take care of your Thoughts because they become Words

Take care of your Words because they will become Actions

Take care of your Actions because they will become Habits

Take care of your Habits because they will form your Character

Take care of your Character because it will form your Destiny,

and your Destiny will be your Life.

There is no religion higher than the Truth."

His Holiness, Tenzin Gyatso - 14th Dalai Lama

10 Likes

Most of the big media outlets are in someway, owned by trump backers. What does anyone expect. The fix is in, and news is being manipulated. Trump says hates media, yet it’s a lie, it’s being used by trump to leave out cherry picked sections.

2 Likes

Good for him!! Tell it loke it is… real anserr to a stupid question…

2 Likes

While Trump maybe a catalyst, let’s not forget that these mass shootings have wider and deeper roots than Trump. And let’s not forget either, that police killings average 100 per day, every day, of every year.

6 Likes

Troll, you are not welcome, so get the F**K out of this space.

1 Like

Ah, deflection. Good form. Compared to something else, this insignificant incident deserves no coverage. The fact that there were three of them this weekend deserves no mention at all because well, something else happened.

You’re absolutely right. But he’s a good boy, really. We should let him off because he probably just fell in with a bad crowd. Boys will be boys. Thoughts and prayers for his seeing the light soon…

I’m sure, because that is what libtards do, they abandon their families to drive around the country blogging. What a waste of humanity when they could be doing something more significant with their time, like driving around the country shooting up Walmarts and blogging about it on 8Chan.

2 Likes

Trump is not going to do anything to improve the situation and has Mitch McConnell as his guardian “Angel”, the Democrats and the GOP will not impeach his ass so our choices are

• vote him out and risk more hate mass shootings

• hope he drops dead

• get out in the streets in real numbers as the Puerto Ricans

4 Likes

Not a fan of Beto, but here he speaks the truth and, if for only a moment, talks like a caring, empathic human being who has simply had enough, not a politician.

7 Likes

Let’s “welcome” the new Troll everyone!

Indeed, the dreaded ANTIFA, which attacks with milk shakes. If they weren’t so violent and anti-American, they would use semi-automatic rifles, as God intended.

1 Like