Home | About | Donate

Betraying Progressives, DNC Platform Backs Fracking, TPP, and Israel Occupation

The TPP stuff was clearly explained in a Washington Post article.

"Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), one of the few federal lawmakers to endorse Sanders, suggested language making it the policy of the Democratic Party that the trade pact not get a vote in Congress. The move was blocked by committee members who said it was impertinent to rebuke the president in his own party’s platform. “I don’t want to do anything as he ends his term to undercut the president of the United States,” said Cummings, who nevertheless said he disfavors the trade deal."

The adopted language draft on the Israel-Palestinian conflict is of course explained by the large Jewish vote in Florida and Pennsylvania, both of which seem to be swing states at this time although Pennsylvania has gone Democratic in the last six election.. Anything that will jeopardize defeating Trump will not get into the draft. That's the political reality.

Bernie lost. Jill Stein anyone? #DumpDems

"The political reality" is that the shamelessly sold-out, shamelessly pandering, and astonishingly tone-deaf Clinton campaign, is the most potent force that is "jeopardizing defeating Trump."

Lrx just posts Clinton campaign spin here.

One party denies global warming exists and the other says it's real but ignores it.

Know nothing vs. Do nothing.

What a fine range of choices we're being given this year!

As for TPP, fracking and Israel, is anyone surprised? On TPP and fracking Clinton's surrogates are saving her the minor embarrassment of going against the party platform if she makes it to the White House. On Israel the wording is broad enough to allow condemnation of both BDS and recognition of Palestine as a country under the guise of outside interference in the 'peace' process.

The 'Do Nothing' party has a fine 'Do Nothing' platform. It's the party of the status quo.

I'm not voting for that.

If not Sanders, Stein.

And the Brits did the right thing with Brexit.

Yet CommonDreams will be pushing us all to vote Hillary in November. What a weirdo place this is!

I would LOVE to see that, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I hope I'm wrong. It's happened before. :wink:

"We must be strong and supportive of Bernie through this time before the convention. Patience will be rewarded soon. Have Faith! Go Bernie!"

Bernie supporters waiting for him NOT to be a Democratic party sheepdog:

Hate to say I told you so- but as stated in the link below WITHOUT LEVERAGE Bernie and the movement aren't going to get a progressive platform. Bernie- start a public conversation with Jill Stein.
http://ringtrueamerica.com/index.php/politics/134-wake-up-call-to-hillary-the-dnc

Democrats are not the party of working people and unions.
The must read book: 'LISTEN, LIBERAL' by Thomas Frank.

Jill Stein 2016.
Though I still am holding out for the FBI, Wikileaks, Guccifer 2.0, and the recent revelation about deleted emails.

HEY DNC! GO GET FRACKED!!!

There's no way that I can support your panel. I DO support an American Summer, though, and I'm greatly looking forward to the conventions...

GREEN IN 2016!!!

Revolution ON!

OK . . . I despise Fox News but I will admit that reading this (happened upon it during my daily google search for "Hillary Clinton indictment") gave me a brief kumbaya moment with Fox! Who would have guessed?

And to answer ctrl_z above;

no, I'm not surprised. A surprise would be if the DNC platform called for and acted on a ban on fracking /Israel occupation, insist on single payer and a carbon tax.

I do not think the DNC reaction could have been more predictable.
Where is Liz Warren on this? Why isn't she frantically tweeting scathing comments about THIS? (I know, I know)

Ok. I will wait until after the convention to re-register. Damm - I was going to do it today, but you have stalled me.

By stating that he'll be voting for HRC, Sanders has made himself irrelevant.

I'll keep on saying this. If he let the media know at this point whether he will run as an Independent or on the Green ticket, would we be hearing any of this from the Platform Committee to prove how corrupt the Democratic party is? He and supporters are taking it to the convention. Let it play out. He's holding his cards close and he is smarter than me or you.

Anything can happen...my gut is telling me me neither Hillary or Trump will be the nominees because they are eating each other alive and have both done a great job of bringing out each others negatives (indictments against Hillary and Trump) including what's wrong with both parties. It could even happen after the conventions...

so done with this so-called democratic party. I am voting for Jill Stein, green all the way!

The DNC is laughing their asses off at progressives today, shooting down one Bernie platform plank after another yet still you sit on your thumbs.

So what story are you Bernie diehards going to switch to after the convention, once the BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS happens and Bernie throws his support behind Hillary (which he is already doing)?

Please, tell us what your story will be then for NOT kicking Bernie to the curb and putting everything behind the Green Party.

Because I'm getting the sense a whole lot of you "wait till the convention" Great Pumpkin believers are still not going to do a Gods-damned thing to help this country break free of the corrupt old Democratic Party.

I think a whole lot of you are going to amble right into the Democratic slaughterhouse Bernie the Judas Goat is herding you into.

Ya Basta! Enough is enough!

During the presidential election cycle, liberals display their gutlessness. Liberal organizations, such as MoveOn.org, become cloyingly subservient to the Democratic Party. Liberal media, epitomized by MSNBC, ruthlessly purge those who challenge the Democratic Party establishment. Liberal pundits, such as Paul Krugman, lambaste critics of the political theater, charging them with enabling the Republican nominee. Liberals chant, in a disregard for the facts, not to be like Ralph Nader, the “spoiler” who gave us George W. Bush.

The liberal class refuses to fight for the values it purports to care about. It is paralyzed and trapped by the induced panic manufactured by the systems of corporate propaganda. The only pressure within the political system comes from corporate power. With no counterweight, with no will on the part of the liberal class to defy the status quo, we slide deeper and deeper into corporate despotism. The repeated argument of the necessity of supporting the “least worse” makes things worse.

Change will not come quickly. It may take a decade or more. And it will never come by capitulating to the Democratic Party establishment. We will accept our place in the political wilderness and build alternative movements and parties to bring down corporate power or continue to watch our democracy atrophy into a police state and our ecosystem unravel.

The rise of a demagogue like Donald Trump is a direct result of the Democratic Party’s decision to embrace neoliberalism, become a handmaiden of American imperialism and sell us out for corporate money.–Chris Hedges

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/con_vs_con_20160619

Cummings is concerned about Obama's pathetic legacy, I am concerned about my neighbor keeping his good job....rather than give it to someone in Vietnam making 23 cents per hour. Referring to some people on the panel (good honorable people) as surrogates for Sanders is for damn sure an oxymoron. When Sanders declared he would vote for Clinton, he very effectively cut their throats and caved to the establishment. Bargaining requires you have more than your hat or bonnet in your hand.

Just after endorsing Clinton, Obama met with Attorney General Loretta Lynch, who'll be making the decision to prosecute or not if the FBI recommends it.

So if there's ever going to be a prosecution, it won't be until after November - and probably won't happen unless Trump wins.

Disgusting! But not a surprise.