Home | About | Donate

Betsy DeVos Held in Contempt of Court for Refusing to Stop Collecting Loan Payments from Defrauded Students

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/10/25/betsy-devos-held-contempt-court-refusing-stop-collecting-loan-payments-defrauded

De-Floss and crew don’t care. They ignore the courts. Who’s going to put them in irons. They’re just like the Orange Topper, refuse to even begin to cooperate.
Fine to say she is in contempt, but show me the teeth in that. Put the b-word (a reserved word for “special” people) in jail, maybe right next to Chelsea Manning. At least the media might start reminding us that Manning remains in jail under “contempt” for not testifying the way the prosecutors want against Assange. Just a reminder that we haven’t gotten away from the old dungeon mentality of throwing away people just because.
And she still has her billions. Take that away. Put her in the same straights as those students.

8 Likes

Doesn’t sound like much will happen to Devos.

Wondering - if I were found in contempt of court - heh - maybe no worries.

3 Likes

The parasites have multiplied in the media medium designed and paid for to do precisely that.
Folks, BE in your community, contribute, hold office holders to account and carry whistles to blow, documentation to know, hold your friends close and the parasitic types even closer. Those on the take default to ideology NOT to reality of the dynamics that are hard, but actually functional. That is to say, they are on a linear ‘win’ program - and the ‘keys’ are stuck, pulling up dysfunctional data and the hard drive is beginning to fail. Time to replace the hard drive,change the operating system upgrade to Functional 3.0.
It could very well get worse before it gets better. Hope to Hannah I’m wrong.

“And if Betsy DeVos wants to work for predatory for-profit colleges, she should resign and find herself a new job.”–only after spending a little jail time and doing community service. A truly contemptible individual. Wonder what she means by her much touted “christianity”.

7 Likes

"“It’s a rare and powerful action by the court to hold the secretary in contempt,” said Merrill. “”

It’s only too bad that they didn’t find her personally for being morally bankrupt and willfully destructive! This is the same woman that worked to destroy public education in her home-state of Michigan! She has stock in some of the very “charter schools” that have been shown up for the scams that they really are! And IF she hadn’t been born with a silver spoon in her mouth - she would be another entitled, angry, bigoted rethugniCon screaming at how she’s been victimized at one of 45’s “love him” rallies!!

5 Likes

The same thing the rest of those “kristions” mean - me first, follow what I say (not what I do) and if you don’t, then I feel persecuted. Understand now?

6 Likes

I’d bet complying with the law would become more of a priority if DeVos were put in jail. Not sure if this can be done for contempt of court charges, but a good perp walk would get their attention.

5 Likes

Sleazy bitch and her equally sleazy brother.

5 Likes

Yes-the god of yesterday becomes the devil of today. That’s what happens when we misunderstand.

There just are some people in life I’d love to urinate on their shoes…just sayin’.

3 Likes

Where is the federal government performing clawback toward the Corinthian owners? Police can confiscate cash from a person they suspect are illegal drug distributors. Why not whack the corinthian fraudulents? Trace their loot to where ever it is. Real estate, autos,caribean, etc. - loot back to the loans.,

5 Likes

Us peons who are in contempt of court promptly go to jail; orange would compliment her hair color quite well and a pair of chrome bracelets would compliment the outfit. . She should not be walking free.

5 Likes

What is disgusting is that billionaire criminals like this _______ (fill in the blank. Female dog comes to mind) will never see the inside of a jail cell as long as their cadres of highly paid criminal lawyers are there to protect them, protection denied for the rest of us. There should be an ethics requirement for lawyers in addition to the bar exam, wherein it would be illegal to represent blatant criminals who harm large segments of the population.

1 Like

What about the possibility of no gods and no devils? No supernatural, magic BS of any kind?

3 Likes

if you want justice for the bilked students:
indict the following.
Administrators
Certifying team
Financial aide office employees
Loaners who bribed financial aid workers to be generous in awards, provided kickbacks, have not lost one dime - yet.
Oh, add auditors

2 Likes

Hello poiticscorner, Maybe putting BETSEY WETSEY DEVOID in a SUPERMAX for a year or two would change her attitude. No it wouldn’t as she is what she is SCUM! Her brother needs to join her for the rest of his miserable existence for all of his crimes!

1 Like

Hang in there. Your time is coming

1 Like

“Judge Sallie Kim of the U.S. District Court in San Francisco also hit the Education Department with a $100,000 fine for violating the injunction.” So -we the people - are paying for DeVos’s crimes. The fine should have been levied against DeVos and she should be sitting in jail today for contempt. The system always seems to punish the wrong people. DeVos needs to get a real messages.

2 Likes

There is lot of corruption in the american society. I guess they were all following orders.