Home | About | Donate

Betsy DeVos' Right-Wing School Indoctrination Program

Betsy DeVos' Right-Wing School Indoctrination Program

Steven Singer

What do you do when thinking people reject your political ideology? You get rid of thinking people. That's Betsy DeVos' plan to rejuvenate and renew the Republican Party.

This tail is clawing away trying to make sure its got a dog to wag. Tax the rich

How Rutger Bregman put tax reform back on the news agenda

2 Likes

Looking at her dumb grin is just a reflection of who she is in the inside.

One person is not going to get rid of thinking people- period.

Parent s who want their spawn to not attend the neighborhood school can pay for private themselves. another way for the richest to try to use the people.

Its a world view that we are up against a belief system that has been in place on this planet for millennia.
It’s based on untruths, fallacies ,misundersrandings .

There’s a great book that takes their belief’ s and renders it dysfunctional for an evolving planet.
It’s called… What God Wants …their are people and institutions long in place long in power that do not want you to read this book .They know that their game will be up .

1 Like

Betsy DeVos, because making Arne Duncan look good is a very tough job…

4 Likes

Hahahahahaha…hahahahahaha!!!
Thank you for that cheer-me-up!!!

1 Like

Well, maybe not, but DeVos’ central aim, I think is simply to redirect public education tax dollars into her own pocket. And if she can indoctrinate the next generation into worshipping their oppressors with what amounts to hi-tech obedience training, then all the better!
The sad part about all of this is these people like her think they are protecting the American way as patriotic citizens (if they think reflectively at all) when a simple reading of Thomas Jefferson would educate them otherwise.
“The error seems not sufficiently eradicated , that the operations of the mind, as well as the acts of the body, are subject to the coercion of the laws.But our rulers can have authority over such natural rights, only as we have submitted to them. The rights of conscience we never submitted, we could not submit…It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. Subject opinion to coercion: whom will you make your inquisitors? Fallible men…And why subject (opinion) to coercion? To produce uniformity. But is uniformity of opinion desirable? …Difference of opinion is advantageous in religion.The several sects perform the office of a censor morum over each other. Is uniformity attainable? Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity…But every state, says an inquisitor, has established some religion. No two, say I, have established the same. Is this a proof of the infallibility of establishments? Our sister States of Pennsylvannia and New York, however, have long subsisted without any establishment at all. The experiment was new and doubtful when they made it. It has answered beyond conception. They flourish infinitely. Religion is well supported; of various kinds indeed, but all good enough; all sufficient to preserve peace and order; or if a sect arises whose tenets would subvert morals, good sense has fair play and reasons, and laughs it out of doors, without suffering the State to be troubled with it. They do not hang more malefactors than we do (in Virginia). They are not more disturbed with religious dissensions. On the contrary, their harmony is unparalleled…They have made the happy discovery, that the way to silence religious disputes, is to take no notice of them.”
Notes on the State of Virginia, Thomas Jefferson 1784

3 Likes

Rip-off artists like Trump and his circus clowns would have been treated differently in WW2 times. A trench would have been dug and Trump’s gang of thieves would have been lined up along this trench. You can imagine the rest of the story.

2 Likes

I don’t approve of the DeVos plan but just where is that public school that is described in the article? Extrapolating from personal experience to a gross generalization, this can only be a single school somewhere tucked away in obscurity, and a not very big one at that, because neither I, nor my daughter, nor anyone else I have ever known went to one anything like the one where, “they teach children how to think.”

Read “The Goose Step” by Upton Sinclair, or anything by Jonathan Kozol to know that it hasn’t been true for a century at least. We need to oppose the DeVos but not based on fairy tales of a non-existent, well-funded functional public education system.

Although most school boards have indeed systematically eliminated critical thinking from public school curriculum, Betsy Devious and the rest of the Trump Regime are attempting to infect as many Murkins as possible with Stockholm Syndrome.

2 Likes

She and her brother Erik Prince need to go to jail period.

1 Like

Actually I see plenty of teachers using critical thinking in the classroom even in the K level. Yes, Stockholm syndrome I understand- worship your captors. Now, they have Murkins actually hating Green energy!

You said it. I went through US public schooling back in the 50s & 60s, in many areas of the country, where we were heavily indoctrinated into the prevailing mythos of American Exceptionalism & Superiority. Somewhere around 12 or 13 I consciously understood what was going on, and a healthy skepticism then blossomed. Apparently, many never make the leap.

1 Like

I attended public schools and college and was not indoctrinated by that. Too bad that happened to you. Not indoctrinated by religion either which Devious wants the country to be- shades of Mussolini.