Home | About | Donate

Betsy DeVos’s Back-To-School Message At Odds with What Parents Want

Betsy DeVos’s Back-To-School Message At Odds with What Parents Want

Jeff Bryant

While the vast majority of American parents are addressing Back to School season by buying supplies, readying their children, and joining with other families in preparing for a hopefully successful new year, U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos is traveling cross-country in a bus to spread a very different message completely at odds with the hope, anticipation, and resolve parents and their communities feel about public education.

DeVos’ primary goal is to destroy all public schools so people have no choice but to send their kids to charter schools run by “Christians” so that they can be brainwashed into accepting the Funny-Dementalist Theocracy that she, Mike Pence, Ted Cruz and their ilk have been promoting for years. In the meantime, if charter schools run by her korporate cronies can bilk us taxpayers out of a few million dollars, that’s just icing on the cake.

Charter schools bilk taxpayers for billions, not millions.

Photo caption:

“I’ll get you, my pretties!” cackled Secretary of Education DeVos in a lighthearted classroom rendition of “Hansel and Gretel” in which she played a witch that lures children into her gingerbread cottage, promising “goodies” as she fattens them up for the slaughter.
(Photo: U.S. Department of Education/Flickr/cc)

When it comes right down to it, you have to ask yourself. Do you want your child to attend a school where your child’s education is treated as a commodity, a way to make money for the owners of the school, or do you want a school totally dedicated to educating your children!

Yes, and Massachewsetts turned down expansion of charter schools despite the tea party governor wanting them. The govenor lost that fight and is not expected to get re elected. Good riddance! I guess Devious et al “forgot” that this is a secular country and most of its citizens are not clueless dumb billionaires.