Home | About | Donate

Betsy DeVos’s ‘School Choice’ Looks More Like Crony Capitalism

Betsy DeVos’s ‘School Choice’ Looks More Like Crony Capitalism

Jeff Bryant

U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos says she supports “great public schools,” but her actions continue to show her hypocrisy on that subject.

Her recent trip to Michigan, her home state, offers yet more proof of the real focus of her leadership – and it isn’t about supporting public schools.

Betsy and her mercenary brother Eric Price, the death and dismemberment killer, are two of a kind, evil and greed/ambition driven regardless the millions who suffer or are destroyed.

Vulture Capitalism has been drooling over the profits to be made in public education for decades at least. They already have a great percentage of higher education in their pockets with the “student loan” abomination making interest slaves of millions - even into their later years - and that includes the usury of government “loan” programs!
The 1% and “hedge funds” have been working the “choice” and private school scam and subverting our “elected” reps to harvest those billions from the 99%…while destroying and defunding public education…like in so many other sectors the power and influence of big-money and greed - modern corporate robber barons - to subvert our government and “regulatory” agencies is an ongoing robbery from our nations people…

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2013/09/10/charter-school-gravy-train-runs-express-to-fat-city/#4d487e2c2be8
Forbes: Capitalist Tool

Charter School Gravy Train Runs Express To Fat City

There is a segment of humanity that views every interaction as an opportunity for wresting capital.

You can call money capital, favors capital, and positioning capital.
But that is how life is approached.

Perhaps you are one such person.
DeVos and her ilk certainly are.

The planet has fallen into the hands of such Angels.
As I said yesterday, Your existence is a narcissist’s profit motive.

Profiteering by her cronies isn’t DeVos’ primary goal. What she and her cabal really want is to replace our sec­ular public schools with dominionist brainwashing centers run by – and supporting – their Funny-Dementalist “Christian” Theocracy.  That this can be paid for by our tax dollars is just frosting on the cake.

Couldn’t argue with that analysis Fes…

Lessons in larceny

Lessons in end stage capitalism. Everything is a commodity now, including our children.

This article reminds me yet again why I’ve never bought an Amway product, and I never will. Over the last 40 years, I’ve had many friends who tried to sign me up as an Amway distributor, but the whole thing struck me as kind of creepy and loaded with phony enthusiasm. The meetings and presentations always had sort of a religious-like fervor, and it put me off. After I discovered that the DeVos family were hard-core Religious Right, I knew that my instincts were right. So I never got rich.

Funneling public education money to vouchers and for-profit charter schools will destroy America’s “school for all” system that existed before the United States Constitution.

“The third, broadly, line of work is deconstruction of the administrative state. … If you look at these cabinet appointees, they were selected for a reason and that is the deconstruction. The way the progressive left runs, is if they can’t get it passed, they’re just going to put in some sort of regulation in an agency. That’s all going to be deconstructed and I think that that’s why this regulatory thing is so important.”

-Bannon at CPAC, 2/2017

Fail.

But you didn’t have a public education.