Beyond the Spasmodic and Petty: An Open Letter to President-Elect Donald Trump

Beyond the Spasmodic and Petty: An Open Letter to President-Elect Donald Trump

Ralph Nader

President-Elect Donald Trump
Trump Tower
725 5th Ave
New York, NY 10022

Dear President-Elect Trump,

You’ve come a long way without my advice, but ascension to the White House invites listening to what this letter has to say.

During the primary campaign you said more than once that you had to speak and behave the way you did to get the mass media’s attention. But you also pledged that, once in the White House, you would be “so presidential you [all] will be so bored.”

If only it was Citizen Donald Trump, writing letters to President Ralph Nader.

Yes, if only.

That suggests an interesting question for a national poll:
Who would you rather have as president, Ralph Nader or Donald Trump?

Sobering advice.

Trump, upon hearing of the letter: "Lebanese putz! I've done more for America than that clown,"

Breaking news! A copy of this letter was folded into a beautiful, terrific paper airplane and was seen spiraling down from Trump Tower.

Ralph Nader: is this a rhetorical letter?

If not, you need a lesson about narcissistic humans: you can’t change them and you can’t appeal to their better nature because they don’t have one.

To quote Chris Hedges :

“Only when power becomes worried about its survival does it react. Appealing to its better nature is useless. It doesn’t have one.”

This thing that presents as a man-----Donald Trump---- exists only to feed his narcissistic ego ------ nothing more.

Even if he were to react to a threat to his survival (i.e. threat removing him from power)-----it would be most unpleasant and most likely lead to a ratcheting up of damaging narcissistic responses. To wound the narcissist's ego leads to even more pathological behaviors:

Thanks for the link. I have previous experience in dealing with a malignant narcissist so I also had a head start in realizing the symptoms in Trump early in his primary bid. More people need to be aware of and able to recognize this kind of behavior.

A wise and well-written letter...but totally wasted on the flaming orange Satan. He already knows everything and is far smarter than anyone he has ever met, including his thieving father.