Home | About | Donate

Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence

Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence

Martin Luther King, Jr
Speech delivered at Riverside Church in New York City on April 4, 1967
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MLK is the most movingly eloquent and courageous leader this nation has ever produced. Thank you, Dr King; really wish you were with us, all of us, today. We still need you.

And with these words, MLK signed his own death warrant. Amazing courage and grace. My dream is to see capitalism crushed in honor of MLK, somehow, someway.

I’ve Been to the Mountaintop

“All we say to America is, ‘Be true to what you said on paper.’

If I lived in China or even Russia, or any totalitarian country, maybe I could understand the denial of certain basic First Amendment privileges, because they hadn’t committed themselves to that over there.

But somewhere I read of the Freedom of Assembly. Somewhere I read of the Freedom of Speech.

Somewhere I read of the Freedom of the Press. Somewhere I read that the greatness of America is the Right to Protest – for Right.

This is the most powerful and most meaningful speech of my lifetime of 65 years. An incredible statement, full of truth and love. I refer to it often.

“War is not the answer,” is a favorite 5-word sentiment. It’s found in the paragraph above the section, The People Are Important.

CD is kind and thoughtful to publish the entirety of this landmark speech of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. today. Thank you!

Thank you CD.

After this speech, NYT & the liberal establishment threw MLK under the bus.

And they whacked MLK exactly one year after this speech.

Beautiful, just a beautiful speech. No wonder they had to assassinate and silence this great man before it got out of hand! Just imagine if MLK had not been murdered and was still alive today. Martin would be around 88 years old today and one has to wonder how different America would look today if Mr. King was still with us.

I would guess that MLK would probably have erected another Vietnam wall that would go something like this: We need another wall of shame of dishonor to make transparent all the Vietnam, war criminals that are responsible for their murderous, lies that cost 58,000 American soldiers and 2 million Vietnamese their lives.

And for every war and conflict after that.

And before.

That would have to be one gigantic wall!

If King had lived a few more years, he might’ve included:

I’ve a nightmare, one that invovles invasions of many nations on the pretext of bringing democracy to them. I see our leaders bragging about making our victims reel with shock and awe, and a female official expressing delight at the horrible death of someone she disliked, saying “we came, we saw, he died.” And the nation’s mass media back all such actions with the journalistic equivalence of “hallelujah, hallelujah!!”

Even more relevant today.Inspired work.

More than ever!