Home | About | Donate

Biden Campaign Condemns Trump False Victory Claim as 'Naked Effort to Take Away the Democratic Rights of American Citizens'

But one would think that white supremacists are, at least in theory, a minority in this country. If this is true it then begs the question how so many people could have voted for Trump assuming that all the votes will have been counted. The assumption [perhaps erroneously so] is that there were more intelligent people out there who would not have voted for an authoritarian figure like Trump. Or could it be that more gullible people fell for Trump’s emotional rhetoric than was previously thought. If that is correct then there is very little hope for this woeful country where so few people engage in any kind of critical thinking, either in regard to politics or to wearing facial coverings in public.

6 Likes

Can not is not the same as will not :slight_smile:

I will also predict that in 2024.

“We lost the last election and look what it got us. 4 years of Trump. We need the people to unite behind the Democrats to turn this around. Now is not the time for a progressive party”

Or

“Look we barely won with Biden last time around. It imperative that a Republican not return to office or we we have again what we had under Trump. The reason Biden did not do anything for the left was because of Republican actions in the Senate. All “progressives” and people on the left have to rally behind the Democrats and ensure Ms Harris wins this thing”

6 Likes

Has anybody heard of any national (or even state) effort to check if the computerized vote totals match that of the votes cast? Is this just another accepted-as-given article of faith? I used to read that it would take fraud greater than 5% to be recognized as such. But that was several election cycles ago. It may be much more now. Exit polls won’t count for much this time as so many possibly different demographics may have voted early.

2 Likes

And yet despite those horrific numbers which you cite there are still countless numbers of Americans in this less than intelligent country who, incredibly, still refuse to wear masks. As George Carlin once noted, you have stupid people and you have really stupid people. The maskless ones fall under the latter category.

4 Likes

I used to believe that, and then I watched white people vote for an obvious racist TWICE in majority numbers. This election was as clear a choice as I have ever seen; a racist, authoritarian dumbass against a corporatist, war monger who has been wrong on almost every issue for 40 years. “Give me the racist please” is what a white majority has yelled through a bull horn.

5 Likes

I heard there a couple of states that introduced a new voting system. The vote is done on a machine, but a printout of the vote is immediately made which the person then takes and puts into a locked box. This at least leaves a paper trail.

6 Likes

I do think Racism is growing in the USA or more accurately never really went away. Trump just allowed them to come out into the open.

5 Likes

And this looming:

~https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/03/supreme-court-to-hear-obamacare-case-20-million-may-lose-insurance

1 Like

Good prediction! If Biden squeeks out a win, the DP will be touting how their policy positions won the day and that they have a mandate, while the truth is that they eeked out a win over the worst disaster of a president in American history, which is like saying a bucket of shit is better than a pile of shit.

5 Likes

Thank YOU! This was my definition of (David Brock? Mark Penn’s?) Resistance™protection scam? Pouty, pearl-clutching pink pussy-hat princesses, fahklempt at LOSING to the very worst boogie-man Podesta could mau-mau wealthy libruls with? The Resistance™ was ALWAYS aimed straight at us. Crying all the way to the bank as Creative Class, Boomer Yuppies and DNC Superdelegates probably made out FAR better than any other segment of petit bourgeois 'Murikans?

The whole RussiaRussiaRussiaGate scam wasn’t ONLY Hills fighting Russian natural gas pipelines? The same cynical association of “Left” = Stalinism the liberals used against: unions, Blacks, anti imperialism, Jews… how they’ve now silenced ALL dissent, journalists, whistleblowers… truth? Assange’s likely to DIE due to release of a speech Hillary got $360K, where she basically quoted Rick Berman’s “Russia funds anti-fracking eco-terrorists” to TransCanada’s TD Bank DilBit funders? Nothing personal, it’s just business! They’ll blame their powerless, voiceless victims… we can fight wildfires, save their $11K artesianal gelato freezers? Just IMAGINE my yuppie boomer neighbors all buying MTAR-21 bullpup rifles! Market’s only up ~0.67% today (1.98% & 1.79% the preceding two days?)

~https://thegrayzone.com/2019/05/07/gabor-mate-russiagate-interview-transcript/

6 Likes

great job establishment dems for knocking it out of the park … what is it that you stand for again?

7 Likes

A paper trail is the 1st step. But somebody, at some time, has to check that paper trail and see if it matches what the computers say. At one time those the experts suggested a random audit of 5% of precincts. I don’t think any state has yet to implement such a check.

1 Like

I live in a rural part of the Pacific Northwest where nearly everyone, it seems, is a Trump supporter. I once asked a person who works in the local grocery store and who once wore a MAGA hat how he could justify supporting a racist like Trump. His facile explanation was that Trump is not a racist. So it would appear that Trump has two types of supporters. One group which is overtly racist while the other tries to put forth the claim that Trump, despite all evidence to the contrary, is not a racist. I try my best not to engage in any kind of political discussion with these people given the fact that I am usually concerned that someone will pull out a gun in my gun-loving town and start blasting away at anyone who dares to criticize Trump.

A few weeks ago I made the mistake of briefly engaging in a conversation with a Trump supporter, a burly guy in his mid thirties with a beard, who tried to convince me that Trump did not suggest that people take bleach in order to combat the coronavirus. As he was getting into his car he ominously warned me that a war was coming. It was unclear if he meant that violence would erupt if Trump were to lose the election. But what was clear was that many of Trump’s supporters are fanatics who are bereft of reason and logic and get swept up by Trump’s manipulative rhetoric and would do anything [“stand back and stand by”] in order to please their leader.

6 Likes

I know “wow” does not cover it. My life is in danger along with others, and we can’t even leave the country on yachts, as some others can.

7 Likes

The “health” insurance corporations responsible for writing the bill in the first place will surely object to that. What they won’t object to is having the 80/20 requirement removed.

1 Like

Nope - Biden is the clear favorite to win the Presidential election.

4 Likes

When I see a link like the one which you posted simply drives home the point of how the United States, which so many liberals and conservatives claim to be the greatest in the world, still does not have a universal health care system which can help its people. And the Democratic Party, the alleged party of the people, decided to nominate an individual who is not in favor of UHC and which makes people in many other countries shake their heads at the stupidity of the United States.

There is a wonderful story in T.R. Reid’s The Healing of America where he mentions how Taiwan wanted to overhaul their health care system in the 1990s. They considered the health care systems of about a half dozen countries which they could incorporate into a system which could benefit the people of Taiwan. But one health care system which they emphatically rejected was that of the broken down health care system of the United States which is probably the least egalitarian of any industrialized country in the world.

8 Likes

He may be the favorite but it still remains to be seen if he can pull out victories in at least three of the six battleground states which are still counting their votes. Biden should have crushed a fascist like Trump but is instead still hoping that he can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. And that does not say very much, either for Biden or the American people.

6 Likes

Yes and that why the US should have an entity like Elections Canada. This is an independent Government body that oversees all elections. They are bipartisan and has as a mission ensuring Elections Standardized across the Country.

Yes there still some small amount of fraud that people attempt (such as that robo calling directing people to a wrong polling station) but there none of that insanity of letting the Premier in charge of a given Province write the rules.

5 Likes

Your idea of emulating what Canada has done appears to be a sound one. Unfortunately there seems to be little chance of that happening since the U.S. decided recently to make sure that international observers are not allowed to set foot in the United States. Apparently wanting to make sure that elections are conducted fairly in the United States is not high on the list of priorities of the Trump administration.

2 Likes