Home | About | Donate

Biden Can Reverse Trump’s Failures on Iran

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/06/24/biden-can-reverse-trumps-failures-iran

1 Like

Sorry it won’t happen. joes just another demodog neo-conn. Amerika foreign policy will stay the course sadly or get worse.

5 Likes

Despite his history of supporting and pushing for US wars, Biden as Obama’s former VP will indeed have a strong personal reason to quickly work to re-launch the Iran deal, because the Iran deal was one of Obama’s few achievements, and Trump undid it.

2 Likes

What makes anyone think Biden will be any better than Bush/Obama/Trump when it comes to foreign policy? I think the hundreds of “foreign policy advisors” on the Biden campaign came straight from Fox News circa 2004. Biden just tweeted that Bunker Boy has been too soft on Venezuela for f**k sake. Forget the election, stay in the streets. If Biden wins, double the number of people protesting.

1 Like

Oh he will reverse Trump’s failure on it all right. In the way Bolton felt Trump failed on Iran, by not going full on war with them.

2 Likes

You make a good point.

Yet, when asked who her biggest enemies were in 2016, Hillary cited Iran – shortly after Obama had twisted arms in the d-party to push the JCPOA through.

On matters of war and peace, Biden sits to Trump’s right. And it’s not like Trump is a peacenik.

Here’s Caitlin Johnstone on the topic:

~https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2020/06/22/biden-and-his-ventriloquists-keep-out-hawking-trump/

2 Likes

Get to be selected to run for POTUS?

And may I add: that is the reason I have been selected!

Biden actually stated, to a group of super-wealthy Dem Party donors, that “nothing would fundamentally change.” He was speaking specifically about taxes on the wealthy, claiming that the USA can address poverty without soaking the rich. Here’s a clip about the context, from a Salon article:

Former Vice President Joe Biden assured rich donors at a ritzy New York fundraiser that “nothing would fundamentally change” if he is elected.

Biden told donors at an event at the Carlyle Hotel in Manhattan on Tuesday evening that he would not “demonize” the rich and promised that “no one’s standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change,” Bloomberg News reported.

Biden’s assurance to donors in New York came shortly after his appearance at the Poor People’s Campaign Presidential Forum in Washington on Monday.

Biden said that poverty was “the one thing that can bring this country down” and listed several new programs to help the poor that he would fund if elected.

“We have all the money we need to do it,” he said.

But speaking to wealthy donors in New York, Biden appeared to suggest that his plan would not involve big tax hikes on the rich.

“I mean, we may not want to demonize anybody who has made money,” he said. “The truth of the matter is, you all, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done. We can disagree in the margins but the truth of the matter is it’s all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one’s standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change.”

Biden went on to say that the rich should not be blamed for income inequality, pleading to the donors, “I need you very badly.”

~https://www.salon.com/2019/06/19/joe-biden-to-rich-donors-nothing-would-fundamentally-change-if-hes-elected/

1 Like