Home | About | Donate

Biden Denounces Trump's "Roadmap to Cutting Social Security'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/09/biden-denounces-trumps-roadmap-cutting-social-security

9 Likes

I can’t wait to see who will be first to sue his sorry ass for this, one more, unconstitutional act?

1 Like

Just refreshed my memory re demographics and voting. Maybe this latest viciousness from Trump is just the nail in his political coffin that was needed. The highest group of voters in the country are the 60+ and then down the line.

If there’s any light in this black tunnel, this might be a good sized sliver.

6 Likes

Joe, here is the key to your election - keeping saying that and say nothing else.

5 Likes

He denounces the roadmap but not the actual cutting. Because he knows that if he wins he will let the WTO do whatever they want. Which is privatizing everything, period. Medicare and Social Security are seen as part of the last century, a compassionate era thats proscribed because it represents an era when working people had far more power than they do now. being so easy to replace.

Instead foreign low value fly by night providers will get the business of the poor people, they will take their money, making promises they never intend to keep and then just vanish in a shell game of confusion.

A replay of 2008 which was also cause dby GATS. Ive had a strong feeling since then that they fully intended to do it again after a few years (typically ten) had passed. We have no choice, pick our poison.

14 Likes

And Joe, please do not debate Trump because of your cognitive dissonance… Trump will eat you alive! There is no way you can win in any debate with a pathological liar.

14 Likes

Biden reminds me of a former boss. He often claimed that he “stood behind me”. One day I found out that the reason he stood there, was so he could stab me in the back.

27 Likes

Yes, but…current social security recipients DONT CARE about the future of social security. All they care about is whether they get theirs now.
America’s aged are the worst people in our nation. They are given the chance to vote progressive every four years, and every four years, like clockwork, 2/3rds of them vote republican. So long as their benefits aren’t cut tomorrow, they just don’t give a shit about anybody else’s.

3 Likes

So there is no way we can win with eiher of them.

Nobody for President.

Nobody’s perfect.

5 Likes

At least he didn’t tell you he was checking your prostate, with both his hands on your shoulders.

5 Likes

Just like earlier comments from Nancy and Chuck, at no time did Biden say the democrats would challenge in court.
This is a done deal. Trump made them look like pansies once again.
Trump has won the day. And maybe now the election.

2 Likes

Yes that is exactly the way the economic, elite have it set up so that they are the only ones that always win in the end.

10 Likes

Yep, biden worked on the bowles simpson commission. Sorry I can’t post a link

2 Likes

And older white voters are the worst racists in the country.

5 Likes

The difference between Hidin Biden and Delirium Tremens is : One tells you what he is going to do now…and the other panders and will tell you later!

5 Likes

That is also true.

And also especially true of older white Republican voters like many of my racist relatives.

4 Likes

How much is a vow from a Democrat politician worth today?

Now, if Joe said he was willing to write a contract with the American People insuring Social Security for the next 50 plus years, now that would be a whole different ballgame.

Then, if he got Pelosi and Schumer to cosign that contract, it might mean something.

12 Likes

Our “hearts” go out to you Shanti.

Here’s mine.

2 Likes

Well, get on it friend. Show us right now you are as good as your word. I’m voting for you, but voting mostly against Trump; so, you have a great deal to prove to me and to show us before I’m truly in your camp. Walk the walk, Joe

7 Likes