Home | About | Donate

Biden Denounces Trump's "Roadmap to Cutting Social Security'

You speak for both of us in that regard…

2 Likes

Pray for an early ending to their stories. Tragedies for sure.

2 Likes

Voting against your self-interests is an American tradition.

2 Likes

So, the the lying Dem who’s been calling for cutting Social Security for decades is calling out the lying Republican for trying to cut to Social Security. Neither liar is worthy of out vote or our support.

19 Likes

I assume his intent is to preserve a viable commodity to turn over to privatization. We may be doomed no matter what.

6 Likes

As one of those America’s aged you refer to BigB, I couldn’t disagree more.

I’m in it for everyone, not just me. The fucking GOP may be drooling over stealing all our money, however Social Security is by far one of the greatest pieces of legislation passed into law that provides the “aged” a means to their end.

BigB, you’ve paid into Social Security at least 20 to 25 years by my estimation. I’d think you would be willing to fight to keep those mfr’s from taking one penny of your retirement.

15 Likes

Saying what you will do, and DOING what you say you will do, are two different things

~https://i.imgur.com/jYhYPQn.jpg

3 Likes

So sorry to hear how he treated you. He got a life insurance policy on you first, right?

2 Likes

Is it too late to start a new nationwide campaign possibly titled, "We Want Two New Candidates."

8 Likes

Dementia Joe has been arguing for cutting Social Security and Medicare his entire career.

What a disingenuous A-hole he is

We aren’t going to get out of this mess by voting.

13 Likes

I wouldn’t know if he got a life insurance policy on me. Only the owner of the policy is allowed to know that.

But, luckily, it was during a good economic time, and I got a better job.

4 Likes

Just ask any Native American…

9 Likes

FACT CHECK: JOE BIDEN HAS ADVOCATED CUTTING SOCIAL SECURITY FOR 40 YEARS

-ttps://theintercept.com/2020/01/13/biden-cuts-social-security/

16 Likes

Maybe someone else has pointed this out, but Biden has been at war on Social Security and Medicare for 40 years.

See the article in Intercept dated 1/13/20 by Ryan Grim.

R or D? Don’t listen to what they say. Only watch what they DO.

Either way, the plutocrats win.

13 Likes

I’m sorry but the brush you’re painting with is far too broad. I’m on social security and yes I’m interested in making sure I continue to get it. But I could probably get along without it. But most seniors probably could not.

More importantly, I view it as an institutional support system that should never be undermined— for me or my children.

Finally, I have never and will never vote for a Republican under any circumstances and there are millions of other seniors like me.

Maybe you should get to know more of us.

15 Likes

That is one of the major problems with this presidential election where the American people believe that they must choose between two septuagenarians who have a great deal of difficulty articulating their thoughts in a coherent and intelligent manner. Either one of them could be in an ad about a drug which helps those who have dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease. Unfortunately it appears that neither Trump nor Biden have taken that drug.

4 Likes

Subtle, Brian.

2 Likes

But at least their face colourings will match. Aesthetics is such an important quality in today’s politics. (Sarcasm.)

2 Likes

I couldn’t have said it better. Social Security is a crucial and extremely successful part of the nation’s social safety net that, along with Medicare and Medicaid, are the best programs this country has going. Those of us on Social Security know the value of the program and absolutely want it to be around for future generations.Thank’s for your post.

11 Likes

Well, perhaps on the percentages but…I care and I am one of American’s “aged.” Be careful with those generalizations.

9 Likes