Home | About | Donate

Biden, Harris, Buttigieg, and Booker Emerge as 'Clear Favorites' of Wall Street as Bankers Open Checkbooks for 2020

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/26/biden-harris-buttigieg-and-booker-emerge-clear-favorites-wall-street-bankers-open

1 Like

CLEAR FAVORITES? True if you add the words WALL STREET FAVORITES!

Does anyone doubt that my contention that these so-called debates are a farce because Joe Biden has already been pre-selected by the Democratic political elite for POTUS? Oh, and I would bet Harris will be selected as BIDEN’S PRESIDENT OF VICE.

6 Likes

Its almost too easy:

4 Likes

Every reason Wall Street gives for supporting these three is a reason a person should not vote for them in the next election. Buying into the “well they not as bad as Trump” narrative is just more spinning ones wheels in the mud and getting no wheres.

You WILL read more articles over the next while by people such as Eugene Robinson suggesting that no matter the Democratic Candidate , the people must vote for that person. This a recipe for more failure.

10 Likes

Candidates do need donations to hire staff, utilize internet, tweet, etc. Please remember Jeb Bush spent 150 million dollars for 3% of republican voters. I do remember that Jimmy Carter had about 17 million campaign dollars unspent vs. reagan. this became his personal money and not taxable!

A college student sending $10.00 to a presidential, senate or house candidate and spending a week end door to door campaigning for their choice has more skin in the game than anyone from wall street, banks or industry.

Locally, the mayors $500.00 fund raising dinner ticket had to be purchased as a requirement where I worked. That was one weeks wages.

2 Likes

Oh goodie, Now I clearly know who I will never ever vote for. Be careful democrats, I’m not showing up at the polls for these clowns. I mean it.

6 Likes

Please send this to NYT and Wash Post and everywhere else. Of course we know corporate media will not print or talking heads on CNN or MSNBC and other corporate shills won’t talk about it.

1 Like

We need public financing and the law reinstated and/or a law that employers cannot tell employees where to spend their political $$$$$.

4 Likes

Wall St. likes BBH&B?   Gee, What a BIG Surprise!!

Better late than never, Mind.  I rejected BBBH&B (added Bait-Oh to the list) several weeks ago.  BBH&B sounds to me like the name of some crooked hedge-fund management firm — it looks like the Fat Cats are hedging their bets in case by some miracle Mitch gets booted out of the Senate.

5 Likes

And now we know the lesser of evil candidates.

Made the mistake of voting for a neoliberal liar from Chicago in 2012. Have not made that mistake again. Bernie could get me back, Liz, maybe. The chance I’ll vote for a Wall Street Walker = 0.

The game is not to pre-select ‘the candidate’. It is to spread the vote so the real election rigging can take place …DNC Super Delegates that no one voted for.

5 Likes

Wow! That list of bankers almost reads like a stereotype of over representation in the banking industry.

If Sanders or Warren get the nomination, and I do expect the corporate mainstream Zionist media will use every trick in the book to hamstring their campaigns, the GOP will win the election the old fashioned way; they’ll steal it again.

4 Likes

What choice have we? They have already rigged the election by the SCOTUS decision allowing gerrymandering (which by the way, the corporate MSM seemed to ignore in favor of the Citizen Census Question case). All we have is an illusion of choice.

4 Likes

These “wealthy executives” are the enemy of the vast majority of the American people, no matter which party the latter belong to.

4 Likes

This sounds illegal. Let’s get real and identify these people. Who is the mayor? What city is this & who do the funds go to?

Mayor Pastrick, now deceased.
East Chicago, Indiana.
Lake County, Indiana is the most corrupt elected governance anywhere on the earth - any time in history!
His son served two years in prison for an unrelated real estate scam in the next over county.

1 Like

Why are so many of our political class greedy, corrupt & criminal? Is it because they really can’t do anything else to make a living? It might be time to really up the punishment for these breaches of the public trust.

1 Like

Yes i’ve thought that for a while. They make the perfect team to confuse the masses while ultimately serving wall street.

I agree, but unfortunately, we have no choice.

1 Like

Now we really need to think about why these wall street moguls are putting money in the Democratic races when there is another party which will do whatever they want? What is their agenda and what does this really say about the democratic party?